Hey, Rachel

Ryleigh
I'm pregnant. I stared at the positive sign on the test. I couldn't find my voice so I unlocked the door. My friends came in. Seeing my tearful eyes, Emily pulled me into a hug. "They're gonna hate me. This is exactly what they wouldn't want from their daughter. I'm pregnant. How could I be so stupid? How could this happen?"I sobbed. "When a mommy and a daddy love each other,"Sam tried humor which only made me cry harder. I swiped angrily at my tears. "He used a condom, Em. I guarantee it,"I said. "If it was in his pocket or wallet then the latex was bad. They get melted and thin. It probably didn't stop it,"she said. "What are you going to do?"Melissa asked. "I don't know,"I said.

"What are you gonna do? You need to talk to, Brendon," Emily said. "I can't, Em. He'll hate me. I fucked up all over again. This will screw up everything,"I said. "No, it won't. He's your dad. He could never hate you, he wants what's best for you,"Emily said as she hugged me. I sniffled. "Let's go get ice cream then we can talk more,"Emily said. I tossed on a hoodie and checked my makeup. Once I had my keys, we walked down the block to the ice cream place. They hand rolled it. I felt like it was displayed across my forehead. That, somehow, everyone knew I was pregnant.

We took a window seat. "You have to tell someone. How are you going to hide it?"Emily asked. I shrugged as I took a small bite of ice cream. "Ryleigh, this is serious. They have to know,"she said. "Do they? What if I just get an abortion?"I asked but I knew I didn't mean it. The thought of this tiny human growing inside of me made me happy. I was happy to know I was responsible for new life but I was also terrified out of my mind. I couldn't just get rid of him or her. Emily raised her eyebrow at me.

"You have to have a parent give permission. You're seventeen and by the time you'll be 18 it'll be too late,"she said. "I can't do it. I couldn't do an abortion. What do I do?"I asked, frustrated as I ran a hand through my hair. "There's adoption,"she suggested. I furiously shook my head no. It took me years to find a loving family. I wasn't doing that to my child. "That leaves one option,"Emily said. I sighed and put my head into my arms on the table. She rubbed my back.

"What about Josh? He's your brother, I bet he'll know what to do,"Sam suggested. "He just got married a few months ago. Does he really need my drama?"I asked. "You should talk to him,"Emily agreed. "Fine,"I huffed and pulled out my phone.

Ryleigh: Hey, you in LA? We need to talk about something. I'm okay, just important. Xoxo

His response came a minute later.

Josh: yeah, Ty and Jenna came with me. Debby is on set and Jenna met friends for coffee. What's up?

Before I responded, I texted Dallon.

Ryleigh: Hey, Dall, you home?

Dallon: yeah, why?

Ryleigh: can Josh, Tyler, and I come over? Really important

Dallon: sure

I opened my chat with Josh.

Ryleigh: I'll explain later. Meet me at Dallon's in fifteen

"I'm meeting them in fifteen,"I said. We stood and walked back to my house. They hugged me tightly and I started my walk to Dallon's while they went home. "Text me?"Emily asked. I nodded and we went our separate ways. Tyler and Josh got there when I did. I felt weighed down by what I was about to do. I didn't run to hug them, in fact, I kept my head down to the ground.

"Breezy took the kids to the park. What's wrong?"Dallon asked as we entered. "You might want to sit down,"I said and bit my lip nervously as I fiddled with my sleeves. "What's going on?"Josh asked as they all took a seat on the edge of the couch. "I---uh,"I said. They waited patiently. "I'm pregnant,"I blurted softly. "What?"Tyler asked. "Ty, I'm pregnant. I don't know what to do,"I said and started to cry again. Cut me some slack, my hormones were out of whack.

"Hey, it's okay,"Josh said as he hugged me tightly. He let me cry it out. "You aren't mad?"I sniffled. "Never in a million years. You're family. We stick together,"Josh reassured me. "Does Brendon know?"Dallon asked. I shook my head no. "I just found out today. I don't know how to tell him. He'll hate me, Dall,"I said. "No, he won't. Ryleigh, he's your father. He loves you and he'll help you through this if you let him,"Dallon said.

I nodded and they each took a turn hugging me. Josh got a text telling him he had somewhere to be. "Let me know how it goes,"Dallon said, hugging me one last time before I left.

*******

I opened the door. Dad came running down the stairs. "What the hell is this? Where were you?"he yelled at me as he held up one of the pregnancy tests. I flinched. Yelling always reminded me of the people I had to live with, the ones that beat me. I had forgotten to hide them. "Uh, I can explain,"I said, not entirely sure where to start. "Well?"he asked impatiently, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow at me. I couldn't take it if he was mad and disappointed in me.

"I--"I said and felt my vision going black at the edges as I started to fall.  "Ryleigh!"he yelled and rushed forward. He kept my head from hitting the floor at least.