Time Bomb

Ryleigh
Oli stayed with me those two weeks. He often slept on the couch but I was grateful for the help. It was hard raising Jasey alone and even harder not having help at all. I didn't really notice it until Oli was helping out. He was mostly gone during the day but was always back to cook dinner. Pete, Frank, Gerard, Josh, and Tyler took turns stopping by. Josh from YMAS had to fly back to Europe for their mini tour before Reading. That was when I'd see everyone in one place. Dad was headlining this year and Dallon's band was also playing one of the smaller stages.

I had bought a pair of mufflers for Jasey so I can still enjoy the show without letting her go deaf. The flight should be interesting. I packed everything into my backpack that I thought we would need on the flight to New York. Once we got there, we would get a private jet. Mike and Dan already flew out. Nicole decided to fly out with me. I was so grateful.

I was surprised when she appeared on our doorstep the evening before. She took Jasey from my arms and sent me upstairs to pack. I could hear Jasey giggling. I never knew one little sound could make my heart so happy. I packed what I figured I'd need and a little extra. I put all my things by the door including my bass. I wasn't sure if I'd play but you never know. I snuck up behind them and took a photo of Nicole and Jasey, both of them smiling.

********

We just landed in New York. I was so excited to see Dad. I was exhausted, though. It took forever to get Jasey to sleep. She was very fussy which I expected. Nicole was helpful in getting her to stop crying. I yawned and put a sleeping Jasey in her baby b-jorn on my chest. I slid my backpack on my back and followed Nicole off the plane. It was after five in the morning here. Kala was watching Bogart and Penny. Bailey was coming with me.

Dad was standing at baggage, waiting for us with a tiny handmade sign. It read: Welcome my beautiful daughter, granddaughter, and Nicole. I hugged him, careful to mind Jasey. He kissed the top of her sleeping head. Mom sat in the chairs a few feet away with a giggling Maddie on her lap. Nicole rolled our bags behind her while Dad took my bass. Nicole's was already on the jet with the rest of the show stuff.

"You ready? Mike and Dan are already on,"he said. Zack appeared next to us. "Mind if I pee quick?"I asked. "Go ahead,"dad said and took Jasey, strapping her to his chest instead. When I was done, I found Dad waiting in the same spot. I took Jasey back and we boarded the jet. This was a big weekend for Europe. I was excited because it wasn't often that all of the bands would be in one place. This one was the most likely chance to see all of my friends and family in one spot.

*********

I climbed off the plane tired but well rested. Everyone else took turns taking care of Jasey and Maddie so I was able to actually get some sleep. Jasey was still asleep so I strapped her to my chest and followed them through the airport crowded with fans to the tour bus. We had a short drive to the venue. Mom was staying on the bus so Jasey and Maddie could sleep. I decided to follow the band to the venue. They were gonna do a quick sound check. I went running after them.

I hadn't been paying much attention to where I was going and ran into something solid. It knocked me to my ass and a tan, strong hand reached down to help me up. "Woah, are you okay?"that familiar voice asked me. I didn't want to meet his hazel eyes but I did anyways. "Ryleigh?"he asked in surprise. "Uh, yeah,"I answered. He hugged me tightly, catching me off guard. "It's so good to see you. How's Jasey and her father? Did they come with you?"he asked.

My mind wandered as I remembered those DNA test results hidden behind my phone case. "Earth to Ryleigh,"he said, waving a hand in front of my face. I came back to reality. "Oh, uh, yeah. Jasey is with me. Her father is at work,"I said, telling a half truth. Zack was technically at work, technically he was here with us. He didn't know that he was the father.

"I have to go but, maybe you can meet her later? We need to talk anyways,"I blurted without really thinking it over. I took off running again without looking back. I went to the bus to Jasey instead of the rehearsal. I knew the songs by heart anyways.

*********

I walked slowly with Jasey strapped to my chest, her mufflers secure on her ears. I was supposed to sing a song with You Me At Six and Bring Me The Horizon. It was going to be too loud for her without the mufflers. I couldn't leave Jasey alone on the bus and Mom was going to take Maddie with her to dinner with Dad.

Frank was waiting for me side stage. I handed Jasey to him as he cooed over her and made her giggle. I smiled and snuck a picture of the two as I pushed my in-ears in and grabbed the microphone from the stage tech. Josh looked over at me and smiled. "Alright, ladies and gents, the next two are going to be a little slower,"he said with a wink at me. "Please welcome my good friend Ryleigh Dun Urie,"he added. I heard the roar of the crowd as I met Josh on stage and hugged him.

The intro to Take On The World began and I felt tears in my eyes. This song was one of my dozens of favorites. On the right side of the stage, Frank stood with my daughter, Oli, and the rest of My Chem. On the left, I found the members of All Time Low, Zack included. He kept his eyes on me as I sang this song.

I pulled an in-ear out to talk to Josh. "Mind singing Give and Room To Breathe?"he whispered. I shrugged. He took that as a yes and we kept going as the sun beat down on us. Bring Me The Horizon was next. I helped Oli sing an acoustic of Drown and Wonderful Life before I took Jasey from Frank so they could get ready for their show. She smiled up at me, her eyes sparkling and I knew that keeping her as my daughter was the best thing I could've done.