Collar Full

Ryleigh
I had dad take Bandit and I to the Way household. "What do you wanna do?"I asked her once we were inside. I found the spare key under the flower pot on the back porch. She shrugged and went over to her toys. I turned Disney Channel on and let her play for awhile. There was a McDonald's up the street. Dad had given me money. "Hey, Lady B, do you wanna go get a milkshake or something? Maybe see a movie?"I asked. "Yes!"she cheered. It was only lunch time so we would be back by dark.

"Put your shoes on,"I said as I shoved my phone and the key into my pocket. I couldn't help checking over my shoulder with everything that had happened to me recently. I was handling it much better than last time, though. I had a family and a loving support system. I made her hold my hand as we walked up the street. The movie theater was up the street, next to said McDonald's. "What movie are we seeing?"I asked.

"A Dog's Way Home,"Bandit answered, skipping next to me. I paid for our tickets and we watched the movie. After, we went to the McDonald's. "What do you want to eat?"I asked her. "A chocolate milkshake,"she said as she danced around next to me. "Anything else?"I asked. She said no so I ordered her milkshake, a medium fry, and a large sweet tea. I handed Bandit her shake and we took our time walking to their house in the chilly spring air. I turned the TV on for her and checked my phone.

Lindsey: Hey, if you don't want to watch her overnight I can come pick her up. Gee might get discharged tomorrow under close watch. Mac and Cheese is in the cabinet if you need dinner.

Ryleigh: I'll watch her. Do what you have to xoxo

I started cooking the Mac and Cheese. We had a movie marathon on the couch. I felt myself dozing off so I carefully stood and checked the door locks. I went upstairs into the spare hall closet and found some blankets. Bandit was curled up asleep when I returned. I laid a blanket over her and laid on the opposite end, pulling a blanket over me, and effortlessly falling asleep.

********

I startled awake to sunlight streaming through the windows. I checked the time on my phone. It was after eleven. Bandit was just getting up when I did. I watched the lock turn and froze momentarily before a Frank Iero peeked around the door. Mikey, Gerard, and Lindsey were following him. I let out a sigh.

Gerard was giving me this pleading look. Lindsey took notice. "Lady B, let's go into the kitchen and make some chocolate chip pancakes, okay?"she said. "Okay!"Bandit chirped happily. Frank went upstairs to grab something before getting in his car and leaving. Mikey couldn't look me in the eyes. "Ryleigh, look---"Gerard began. "Save it. I can't do this right now,"I said as my tears welled again and I walked quickly outside. I debated walking home or calling Dad.

"I'm taking her home quick,"Mikey said somewhere behind me and I heard the door shut. "Hey, hey, it's okay,"he said as he hugged me and I let the tears free from their prison. Once I was somewhat calm again, Mikey led me to his car and drove me home. "Thanks, Mikes,"I said and started getting out. "Tell him I'm sorry. I just need time. He said some hurtful things,"I said. Mikey nodded and then he was gone.

*******

I unlocked the door to a dark and quiet house. "Mom? Dad?"I called out as I closed the door. "In here,"Mom yelled. "Why're all the lights off?"I muttered to myself as I felt along the wall. My hand came into contact with something soft and furry. I screamed and jumped back. In the process, I fell over my own foot and landed on my ass.

Someone tried to hold back a laugh. I tried to glare at whoever it was but, with all of the curtains closed and lights off, it was too dark to see anything or anyone. I carefully stood up and finally found a light switch. I flipped it. "Surprise!"was yelled at me. I was so confused. What was going on? Pete, Tyler, Josh, Patrick, Mom, Mike, Nicole, Dan, Zack, Alex, Rian, Jack, Adam, Emily, Sam, Melissa, Dallon, and Dad were in our kitchen. "Wh--?"I began. Then it hit me. It was March 22. My birthday. With everything going on, I had forgotten about it.

I was seventeen. "Happy birthday, babe!"Adam said as he hugged me. Looking over his shoulder, I noticed Zack glance away with a hurt look. Zack Hall and Kala appeared suddenly in the doorway behind me. "Sorry we're late!"Kala said as she embraced me.

On the kitchen island, a beautifully decorated bass cake sat with music notes all over it. I greeted everyone. Zack's hug lasted a moment longer than it should've and I could tell he and Adam were staring at each other. This was gonna be interesting. They turned the lights back out for me to blow out the candles and we cut the cake. I opened presents. Once it was dark, we went into a gorgeously decorated back yard. I watched everyone else jumping in or stripping down to jump in.

"Hey, Ryleigh,"a female voice said behind me. "Yeah?"I asked, turning around. "I know we don't know each other well but I hope we get to on tour,"the voice, I knew as Nicole's, said. "This is slightly late from me, go try it on,"she said. "Thank you,"I said and dashed upstairs. I changed carefully. She had good taste. In the bag was a black bikini. The top had strings that went across my chest while covering me well. The bottoms were shorts. Some old scars were showing. I was so self conscious but I decided it was time to face my fear.