Lost Without You

Ryleigh
Bailey was laying in front of the door when I opened it. I had gotten looks from everyone I passed but I didn't slow for anyone. I picked Bailey up and climbed into my bunk. Bailey crawled underneath my arm and I finally let my tears fall free. "Yo, Ryleigh, are you okay? Are you in here?"a voice similar to Alex's yelled through the bus.

I sobbed involuntarily. I heard footsteps echoing through the bus. The curtain was pulled back and through teary eyes I saw Alex. He didn't hesitate as he climbed in my bunk with me, causing me to scoot over. He wrapped his arms around me. I knew this wasn't easy on him either. They'd all been friends since high school then I just had to get involved and screw it all up for them. "I--I'm s-sor-ry,"I choked out. "Shh, it's okay,"he said.

I calmed down in his arms. "You wanna tell me what happened? Rian saw you kiss and then you ran away. I came right away,"Alex said softly. "Zack kissed me. Again,"I whispered. Alex stayed silent as he waited for me to talk. "He just keeps hurting me. I'm so confused. His beautiful girlfriend with the long legs and the pretty hair showed up. I know I could never be her. I've never been that pretty. I'm average. I'm covered in scars. I'm hideous. No wonder he doesn't want me,"I said with tears welling in my eyes again.

"No, Ryleigh, stop that right now! You're one of the most beautiful humans I know. You're smart and have a big heart that Zack keeps taking advantage of. Don't worry about that asshole, he isn't worth it. We're going to have an intervention. His behavior has carried on far too long. You aren't average. Those scars, fuck, they don't define you. They show anyone that you're a survivor. You lived!"Alex said fiercely causing tears to cascade down my cheeks again. He just hugged me until I calmed down.

"Ryleigh?"Dad called out. I sniffled and looked up at Alex. "How's my makeup? Do I look like I was crying?"I asked. "You look fine. You should tell him, ya know?"Alex said as he rolled out of my bunk and carefully helped pull me out. I walked out with Alex following me. "Oh, hey Alex,"Dad said, giving me a confused look. I rolled my eyes. I made Alex stay with me. "Nothing happened. He came to talk. Something happened with Zack backstage. I'm fine,"I said. Dad sat. "Did he hurt you? God, Ryleigh, if he hurt you I'll kill him,"Dad said angrily. "No, no. It's fine, I talked with Alex. Where's Nicole?"I asked.

Dad shrugged, his gaze on mine. He cocked his head as if doubling checking I was okay. I heard Nicole, Dan, and Mike entering the bus. I walked out and, as if knowing something was up, Nicole looked at me. "Can we talk?"I whispered to her. "You wanna go for a walk?"she asked so the others didn't know something was up. I nodded and shoved my phone in my pocket. I attached Bailey's leash and we exited the bus.

"What's up?"Nicole asked when we were away from the bus. She spoke quietly so people around us wouldn't hear what was up. "Zack kissed me again and then his tall and gorgeous girlfriend showed up,"I said as I looked to the sky to keep my welled tears from falling. Nicole pulled me into her side to hug me. She pulled back. "You are so much better than that fucking shithead. You're gorgeous inside and out. You're pretty selfless and you have a big heart. He's the asshole missing out,"she said firmly. I nodded and closed my eyes for a moment to press back the tears. She hugged me once more before we started back towards the bus.

********

"Hey, Ryleigh? We're getting ready to head in for the show,"Dad said as I blinked my bleary eyes. I came back in and fell asleep on the couch. Bailey was curled on my feet. "What time is it?"I mumbled with a yawn. "Half past ten,"a British voice said. I sat up and saw Josh from You Me At Six sitting there. "Oh, hey,"I said. "Are you gonna be okay here?"Dad asked. "Actually, can I play?"I asked. Dad looked slightly surprised and taken aback. "Yeah, sure if that's what you want,"he said.

I stood up and started towards the back to find something to wear. Everyone else was already changed in their show clothes. "If you hurry you might make our set!"Josh called out to me. I hurried to the back. I found my black dress hanging in the back. It was similar to Nicole's. I put my Converse on and then went into the bathroom. I fixed my makeup, applying eyeliner, and did my hair. When I was satisfied, I grabbed my key and locked the bus door. I left Bailey on the bus since I figured she wouldn't like the noise.

You Me At Six was on stage when I got there. They were finishing up Cold Night when Josh glanced over and shot a smile my way. "This next song is dedicated to a close friend of mine. It's called Be Who You Are,"Josh said with a wink my direction. I felt tears filling my eyes again as he sang the song to me. He had a mischievous look on his face. I shook my head no.

"For this next song, I want to bring my friend, Ryleigh Urie, onstage. She and I met aboard a flight a few weeks ago and ended up serenading everyone in our part of the plane with Room To Breathe,"Josh said, causing some people to laugh. "Ryleigh, if you'd please join me,"he said, extending a hand to me. I shook my head no. He, the band, and the crowd started chanting my name. I popped my in ear monitors in and stepped out to the bright stage lights. The crowd roared in response.