**Chapter 39**

Hanson, Berryl and I, arrive at my house a few minutes before one in the afternoon. My mom meets us in front of the door and gives each of us a warm hug.

"Hey, kiddo". My little brother, Andrew shouts from the kitchen as we step in. I run to him and give him a hug. "Thanks, for the advice bro." I whisper into his ears as we break from our hug.

"Guessing you guys settled everything then".

"Yes, yes, we did. But we would talk about it later." I respond just as Hanson and Berryl walk in. He winks at me in agreement.

"Hey, man." Hanson moves towards my brother and gives him a handshake. I laugh out loud when Andrew tries to look tough and hard in Hanson's presence.

"Hey mom, where is dad?" I ask, as Berryl and I head to my room to unpack our bags.

"He is at work honey. He would be back soon." She yells after me.

~~~~•••••~~~~

My dad arrives at home just in time for diner. I give him a tight hug as we all gather around the table for our meal.

"So, tell me Hanson. What are your plans with my daughter?" The table goes dead silent and I stare at my dad in annoyance. I look at Hanson and He looks very terrified.

He is only able to fumble a few words when my dad and mom start laughing.

"I am only pulling your legs son. Just be good to my girl, alright?"

"Yes sir." Hanson looks at me and smiles.

The rest of the diner goes on with us chatting and having a good meal. After diner, Berryl and I step out to the patio with our drinks, my dad and mom wish us goodnight and head to their rooms and the boys sit behind the television to watch a movie.

"You have a really nice family here, sis." Berry remarks as we sit down with our drinks.

"Thank you."

"No really, I wish I knew my mom and dad. It sucks, you know..." She looks down and takes a sip of her drink.

"I am sorry, you never got to know your parents but know that you would always find family here. I love you so much and you are the sister I never had." I pull her in for a hug.

"That means so much to me." We take in a deep breathe just taking in the world before us.

"You know, life is super weird right?" Berryl says breaking the silence.

"Tell me about it."

"We are born, we live for but a fleeting moment and we die. Sometimes I wonder what the point of this is." She adds.

"I don't think its pointless." I respond.

"Really? I do not see how there could be any reason for life, if we end up dying anyway."

After thinking deeply after what she said, I respond, "You know what, I think the purpose of life is not just to die but its truly what we do in between life and death that truly gives life meaning."

She looks up at me and nods her head. "But, who defines what makes our life a meaningful one? How would I know if the things I am doing are truly... meaningful?" She asks.

I take a deep breath before responding. "Ever watched Doctor Strange?" I ask.

"Uh yes?" She responds disconcertingly, wondering where I am going with this.

"Well, remember the scene where the sorcerer supreme has a chat with Doctor Strange in front of the hospital before she dies?" She nods her head in response

"Well, she said, the significant and most important lesson of all is, its not about you. Life really is not about you or me. I guess it truly is about everyone whose lives we enter. Maybe, if we are able to touch someone's life and put a smile on their face or help make their world a little better with our presence, maybe... just maybe we would have added meaning to our lives."

"Wow... that makes so much sense. I guess you are right... When did you learn all these things?" She asks.

"I... I have no idea." I look into the night; take a deep breath while thinking about all the things I just learnt.

A/N

HAPPY READING!!