**Chapter 35**

Exactly one hour later, Hanson arrives to pick us up. He is wearing a blue button down shirt, jeans trousers and a black shoe.

I am wearing a black bodycon dress with red flats and a red bag.

Berryl has on jeans, a white top, a denim jacket and black shoes.

We walk to Hanson's car. I take a seat next to him and Berryl sits behind us. Soon enough, we are on the road to God knows where.

"Are you guys not going to tell me where we are headed?" I ask, knowing fully well that neither of them would say anything.

"It is a suprise!" Berry screams loudly into my ear.
"okay, fine!" I respond while rolling my eyes at her.

Hanson just keeps smiling at me. He takes my hand, gives it a kiss and focuses back on road.

The rest of the ride is filled with chatter about random stuff and a few sing-alongs to some of our favorite radio tunes.

We finally arrive at our first destination according to Hanson and it looks like a home for old people. I look at Berryl and she whispers to me saying, "I did not know this was going to be our first stop. It literally is a surprise to me too."

I look at Hanson and he just smiles as he enters the building. I follow closely behind him and observe in awe as the people inside begin to shout his name in excitement. He hugs them one by one and introduces me to a few of them. 

"oh, she is such a beautiful lady. She looks just like me when I was younger." One of the older women says after Hanson introduces me.

"Wanna tell me what's going on?" I give Hanson a curious stare.

"Well, I sorta kinda do volunteer work here."

"Specifics?" I ask.

"I sing to them..." Just then his name is mentioned by someone on a stage I did not even notice was there.

"Wait, I thought you said you could not sing." I laugh.

"Yeeeaahh... I kinda lied..." He blows me a kiss and heads up the stage and picks up a guitar.

He begins to sing and the whole room goes dead silent. His voice is breathtaking. I lock eyes with him as he gets to the chorus of the song —my favourite song— Broken road

Every long lost dream
Lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart
They were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way
Into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God bless the broken road
That lead lead me straight to you

I stare at me as he keeps singing. I know he is singing to me and it is just so beautiful how my love for him just skyrocketed by this simple yet grande act of love.

Everyone begins to applaud him as he makes his way down the stage. A few people approach him as he makes his way to me.

"You are so lucky, girl!" Berrly squeals from behind me.

Hanson eventually gets to me and pulls me in for a hug. We stay there for a while. We can both feel the love we have for each other grow.

After talking to a few more people, we head back to the car.

"I am starving!!" Berryl says as she jumps into the car.

"So, are there any other surprises like this waiting for me today?" I ask Hanson right before he takes his seat.

"Not that i know of." He responds while laughing. He knows he truly caught me off guard.

"you have a really wonderful voice by the way." Berryl says to Hanson. "Now can we go and eat?" She adds.

We order on extra large pizza when we arrive at the pizza parlour. We enjoy our meal in silence while just enjoying each others company. We had not even realized how hungry we were.
We order drinks afterwards and spend a few more hours chatting- mostly about Hanson's surprise.

"Oops, its almost seven?" Says Hanson.
"Wanna go someplace else?" Berryl asks.
"No, no. You guys have made today such a wonderful day. I think we should head back." I respond.

With that, we begin our drive back to our apartment.
It is exactly nine, when we arrive. Hanson walks with us to our door and Berryl wishes him goodnight and heads back inside.

"Thank you so much Hans. I had so much fun... and your voice, phew, so breathtaking!" I give him a peck on the lips.

"Hope you enjoyed my song?"

"So, so much hun. Today has joined the list of my best days ever..." I respond. "Do you want to come inside?" I add shyly.

"Aaaw, hun. I would really love that, but I must go home and check up on my dad and sister."

"I understand." I smile at him wholeheartedly and lean in for our final kiss for the day.
It's long and breathtaking.
He kisses me on the forehead as he leaves.

I enter my room feeling so happy and full of gratitude. I take my bathe, dress up and head for bed.

"Good night B!" I scream as I pass by Berryl's door.
She mumbles a good night back at me. She is probably already asleep.

I lock the doors, head to my room, lie on my bed.I close my eyes, hoping and praying for a peaceful night.

A/n
Happy Reading.