**Chapter 11**

"Hansoonnn!!  Wakey, Wakey!"
I wake up to Hannah standing outside my door screaming at the top of her voice. Being a big brother is stressful.

"what is it kid?" I say as I drag myself out of bed and unlock the door so she can come in.

"Well, it's nothing much. I just want you to help me pick out a dress for today."

"Really, Hannah you woke me up at..." I check the time, it's almost 6am. "... You woke me up at 6 am to help you pick out a dress?" I glare at her but her cute smile makes me giggle.

"Come on let's go." She takes my hand and we walk to her room. Her clothes are everywhere. She picks out two dresses from the pile: one pink flowery straight dress and another black stylish dress. They are both really nice.

"So, which one should I pick?"

"Hmm. What is the occasion?"

"I am part of this group in school and we have a stage performance today. I want to look good"

"Oh that's amazing. I say, go for the black one. It is sophisticated and pretty."

"okay, thanks" she says while scrutinizing the black dress.

"All the best kiddo, blow their minds away." I wink at her and leave the room. Well,  I cannot go back to bed now so, I decide to leave home early in order to visit the library.

~~~~~••••••••••~~~~~~

It's a bit past 7 when I arrive at the library. Once again it's empty to I pick a spot and start reading.

Just then, the pretty girl from yesterday walks in.  Coincidence? She sits at the same place and begins to read.

I decide to go over and say hi.

"Hi"

She lifts up her head and stares at me.

"Hi"  I sense the excitement in her voice and smile

"You made quite an entry into the lecture hall yesterday." I say with amusement in my eyes.

She looks at me like she is wondering what I mean. Then she laughs after figuring it out.

"I am Hanson by the way"

"Nice to meet you Hanson, I am Kayley." she reply's very shyly.

We stare at each other for a few seconds longer than normal. She clears her throat, shifts in her chair a bit and shifts her gaze back into her book. Honestly, she is so cute

We both laugh realizing how awkward it is.

"Alright then Kayley, I have got to head back to my place to prepare for my next class. Hopefully, we would be in the same class this time. What program are you offering?"

"Arts",  she replies. I tell her that I am offering I. T.

"Enjoy the rest of your day Kayley. Hope to see you...soon?" Honestly, I really hope to see her soon .

She nods with an approving smile as I turn around to leave.

~~~~~•••••~~~~

The day goes by very quickly and soon enough, it's evening. I am at home sitting behind the television with Hannah and my aunt who has come to stay over for the week.

"Yo, Kiddo why are you smiling at your self?" Hannah says and hits me on the head.

I realize that I am thinking about Kayley..  "oh..."

"Which girl is it?" Both my aunt and Hannah sit right in front of me waiting for juicy gossip.

"Who says it's a girl. Can't a guy just smile with himself for no apparent reason?"

"Oh, he can... if he is going mad!"

We laugh out loud.

"But really, Bro we have never seen you smile through your eyes like that ever since you know who."

I sigh and look away. I didn't want to be reminded. Hannah realizes my discomfort and apologizes.

"Sorry bro, I know you don't want want to talk about it... "

"Then don't!" I stand up and walk away to my room. I feel bad that I am walking out on her but I really do not want to remember the past.

I enter my room, lock the door behind me because I know Hannah would want to come around and apologize.

I lay on my bed and try to sleep off the thoughts and feelings of pain and anger.

It's going to be a long night.

A/N:
What is this past that Hanson does not want to remember?  Any clues?

Please do not forget to like, comment and vote.