**Chapter 14**

Kayley's point of view.

I have barely been able to sleep because, I am really nervous about meeting Hanson's family tomorrow. Oh crap!  I check the time and it's 1'oclock in the morning meaning I am meeting his family today and I have barely slept. I decide to get some water from the kitchen because my throat is feeling extra dry.

When I step into the living room, I am surprised to see Berryl sitting in the hall. She looks dazed and confused like she has been crying. She probably does not notice my presence because, when I walk up to her,  she jumps up in her seat like she is terrified.

'Kayley? What are you doing up so early?" she says,  trying to prevent me from noticing that she has been crying.

I am wondering if i should just let it go or ask her what's going on. I decide to ask her about it because after all, that's what friends do.

"I couldn't sleep. I am feeling just a bit nervous about seeing Hanson's family today. But don't worry about me, what up with you? I hope everything is okay? I ask, genuinely concerned.

Berryl looks at me like she is contemplating on whether she should let me know about what is going on. "I just found out today that, my real birth mom never wanted me, so she gave me away for a pack of cigarettes..." I look at her not knowing what to say.

"I feel like I am a mistake: no body wants me. Not even my very own mom!" I quickly move to her side and give her a big hug even as she bursts into tears. I know that in this moment, all she needs is a shoulder to cry on and someone she can trust.

After a while of hugging, she wriggles herself out of my arms, looks at me and says, "thank you so much for being there Kayley. I really needed that hug." I smile at her feeling content that I didn't have to say anything at all to make her feel a little better. She turns around and walks towards her room.  "Berryl?" she turns around and by some impulse,  I jump out of my seat, give her another hug and whisper into her ear that she is not a mistake at all and that I am glad to be her friend.

She smiles back at me and heads back into her room.

As I am heading back to my room, I remember why I came out in the first place— water! I quickly head to the kitchen, drink  a glass of water and go back to bed. This time, I fall asleep immediately after I lay my head on the pillow.

~~~~~••••~~~~

When I wake up,  it's exactly thirty minutes past six in the morning. Which means that, I have exactly an hour to get ready before Hans comes around. He told me that he would pick me up at seven thirty prompt.

I quickly head for the bathroom. When I get to Berryls door, I decide to check up on her but she is not in her room.

After bathing, I eat breakfast and quickly get dressed. It's exactly twenty - five minutes past seven when I hear a knock on the door. Must be Hanson. I pick up my clutch and head for the door.

"Wow!" says Hanson when I open the door.

A/N :
Here is a look at how great Kayley is looking..
Tell me what you think!

Smoking gorgeous right? 

Well, Please VOTE and COMMENT ..
Thank you!