**Chapter 34**

I am tied up to a seat at the back of  a moving van.
My eyes gradually open to see two men wearing masks watching me.
The van comes to an abrupt stop and I am dragged out of the van.
The men throw me to the floor and begin to kick me in the belly. I try to scream but all my sounds are muffled by the clothe covering my mouth.
"oh God, what is happening?"
I can feel tears running down my cheeks as I imagine the worst case scenarios.
What if they kill me?
What if they rape me?
I keep trying to scream as one of the men approaches me with a knife and the other carries me to a chair...

"Kayley, Kayley?" I open my eyes to see Hanson staring at me with much concern. Its been two months since Hanson and I had that lengthy conversation and our relationship has been going on very smoothly. Yesterday, we spent the whole night binging 'Friends'. It was just too late for him to go back home so I convinced him to stay over at my place.

"You were shaking vigorously in your sleep Kay. What's wrong?" I keep staring at him. I can feel my body still shaking from the dream I just had. It felt so real.
I sit up on the bed and place my head on his shoulders.
The nightmares have started again. I had one just a couple of days ago and I thought that was it, but its been happening very consistently since then. I haven't told Hanson yet because his dad got better just a couple of weeks ago and I do not want to burden him.
I guess it's time that I talk to him about it.

"I have been having nightmares lately." I turn away.
"What?"
"I have been having nightmares lately." I respond even though I know it is rhetorical.
"For how long?"
"Since about three days ago?"
"What? Why?"
"I have been reliving something bad that happened to me when I was a kid."
"What happened?"
"I was kidnapped." With that, I break down into uncontrollable tears. I have never told anyone about this, well except for my counsellor, the police who interviewed me after that day and Berryl who only knows about the nightmares but not the full story.

Hanson pulls me into his arms and begins to stroke my back gently.
"You know, you do not have to talk about it if you do not want to." He whispers to me.
"No, no. I want to talk about it." I sit up right and begin to narrate the events of the day I was kidnapped.

After pouring my heart out for about thirty minutes, I look up to see Hanson with tears in his eyes. He pulls me in for a hug and together we cry in silence. I expected him to try and give a motivational speech afterwards but I am extremely glad that he has given me a listening ear instead, because that is what I need right now.
I squeeze him tightly and enjoy the moment.
They say, 'a problem shared is half solved' - it is true.

~~~~~~
I wake up to the smell of fried eggs and toasted bread — my favourite — and the sound of Berrly and Hanson talking really undertone in the kitchen. They probably do not want to wake me up after... last night.
I am going to be strong and put it all behind. I have a feeling its going to be a good day and that's not because Hanson is making my favourite breakfast.

"Hey, guys!" I take a seat next to Berryl as Hanson places a plate before me and dishes my food unto it. Berryl quickly takes a cup and begins to prepare a milo drink for me.
"errm guys, what's going on?" Hanson probably told Berryl about last night. She is my best friend so it's okay.

"What, nothing is going on. You are awake and we just want to serve you with breakfast." Berryl rumbles.
"Nope, you guys are treating me like a baby. I do not want you guys to be worried about me. I am gonna be fine."
"Yes babe, i know you are going to fine." Hanson pulls me in and plants a kiss on my forehead.
"Enough of the mushy stuff. Eat quickly, Hanson and I are taking you out." Berryl says, excitedly.
"And what if I do not want to go?" I ask while while trying to hold a straight face.
"What? Are you trying to tell me you do not want to go out with your two favorite people in the world?" Berryl holds her chest for dramatic effect.
I shake my head at her and begin to laugh at how dramatic she can be.

"Alright ladies. I am going to head back home to freshen up. Would be back in about an hour to pick you guys up." Hanson says as he picks his keys and walks towards the door.
"I love you, Kay!"
"I love you too, Hans!"
With that, he closes the door behind him.
"What?" I say as I turn around to see Berryl staring at me.
"Nothing, you guys are very cute. Now finish your meal. We have a big day ahead."
I go back to my meal like an obedient child, while smiling to myself.

Today is, gonna be a good day after all.

A/n
Happy Reading Everyone.