FLASHBACK - HANSON

NB.. I love love Tori Kelly. Enjoy her song, 'questions' above as you read this chapter . Wrote this chapter to the song..

"Kids, where is your dad?" asks my mom with all the strength left in her. I was broken. She tried very hard to hide her pain but I could see it in her eyes she was dying and there was nothing I could do about it. My mom was the rock of our family. Her presence brought such joy to every one of us. I couldn't bare to see the happiest person I knew, lie on a hospital bed waiting for death.

"He is almost here mom." I hear my sister say to her, touching her gently on the hand. I looked at my sister and I could see the tears in her eyes. That sight alone broke my heart even more. She didn't have to see this. She was just a kid. Why did this have to happen to us? I gave her a quick hug just as my dad walked in. He was the most broken among us. He and my mom were soulmates. They were made for each other. As each day went by, I saw my dad coil into a shell. He talked less, laughed less, came out less. He couldn't watch the woman he had loved all his life leave him behind.

When my mom saw my dad, she gave him the best smile she could. She sighed as though she could finally leave us because her family was there to bid her farewell. She looked from my dad to me and to my sister and with tears in her eyes she quietly whispered, "I love you all. You are the best things this world could ever have blessed me with. Promise me that you are gonna be strong for each other."

With that, she closed her eyes and painfully slipped away. The hush in the room after that, was filled with pain and disbelief. My mom was gone. Forever. I felt like I was in a trance. My body felt numb as I stared at my mothers lifeless body. Before I knew it, my dad pulled my sister and I into a tearful hug. We were broken, but we had each other.

~~~~~•••••~~~~~

Few weeks after, we had a quick burial for my mom. It hadn't been easy for us. We hardly spoke to each other at home. I guess silence was our own way of grieving and healing. At the burial, my dad gave the eulogy and I could see how much strength it took for him to talk about his soulmate as a past tense. She was gone. Forever.

I decided, after the funeral to stay behind and say my last byes to mom. I needed to, so I asked Hannah to go ahead with Dad and comfort him. Even though we were the kids, we had to be strong for him because we knew how much they meant to each other.

After a few minutes of staring at my moms grave being rolled into the ground, I broke down and cried my heart out. I needed the alone time to grieve. After pouring out my heart, I pulled myself together and decided to head home.

And that was when I saw her. She was standing by a grave, with a blank expression in her eyes as she gripped on the flowers in her hand. She looked very hurt like whoever had died meant so much to her. Unfortunately, I knew what that felt like. I watched for a few seconds as she kneeled in front of the grave and broke down in tears. I couldn't just watch her cry like that so I decided to approach her.

"eeerrmm, Hi."

A/N

HEYYA GUYS!!!

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE CHAPTER!!!!!
LEAVE A VOTE AND A COMMENT..

LOVE YOU ALL