Datum 32: Strings of Misfortune

SILK ROAD TRADING CENTER PARKING LOT

BEIJING CHINA, PLANET EARTH

1135H (11:35AM)

Hagalaz' Point of view

Flashback 12 hours ago

"Are you really serious about this, Maris?" I astonishingly asked the Admiral as she was seated on her couch.

She was smiling peacefully and calmly as she takes few sips of her favorite Berry tea in her expensive and fancy porcelain tea cup.

"Are you even doubting my decisions, Hagalaz?" she said as she still maintained her sweet smile.

Her calm voice made me back off a bit. She might be smiling peacefully at the moment, but I can feel her superiority and authority in her voice.

A thing Admiral Yohannes even left her with.

"N..not at all, Maris. But I'm just way curious. You already sent the other "officer" from the education sector, and now you're sending me? Isn't it way too much for Vaughn and Stella's assistance?" I asked as I rested my back on the wall.

"You said it, I already sent the "other officer from the education sector." Isn't that clear? He's from the "Education Sector" he is only good for relaying reports and paper works."

She smiled again as she then placed her fancy tea cup on its porcelain saucer. She looked onto me seriously.

"I need an intelligence officer who is skilled enough to focus on research and information transmission while in the middle of a dangerous mission." She explained.

"But we can do that as well too—"

"So do you really think that you can relay a report to me in the middle of a gunshot fight?

For the second time around, I was left speechless of her decision and authority. I sighed heavily, released my crossed arms and stood straight in front of her.

She looked at me all concerned.

"Is it Revienne that bothers you?" she broke her silence onto me. It seems like she also had heard the news.

I just closed my eyes and released another heavy sigh.

"This is her decision, and the faculty decided to accept her application. She was a good candidate for it; you knew it as well even if she's just a beginner." Maris with her serious but assuring tone.

At this point, I am scared to admit that she's right.

"Don't let your emotions run and control you, Hagalaz."

.......................

I took a deep breath as I again, released a tired sigh. My eyes pressed on the meters of my bike upon my arrival here at the parking area of a certain famous trading industry on Beijing, China.

It's been like 5 hours since my arrival. Severe jet lag lingers through my body and mind upon the unexpected order to travel from Xavierheld Colony to Planet Earth.

Ugh. The things I do for the military.

I carefully got off my bike as I secured the keys inside my jacket pouch and started to walk towards the main establishment.

As I grew nearer, groups of people grew denser and denser and variety of small street shops started to welcome my arrival on Beijing's busiest but blooming trade industry, The Silk Road Trading Center.