Datum 49: Half Life

**Trigger Warning Ahead! Suicide Content! **

HANNESWORTH INSTTITUE FOR MILITARY ACADEMICS

City of Laurene, Xavierheld

09:33am

Ivann's Point of View

"What the hell just happened?" I whispered as I walk by Ielvy's side.

Everybody was crowding outside of one of the apartment buildings inside this university.

An unusual eerie sense started filled the crowd as everybody witnessed paramedics pushing a gurney that carried the lifeless body of a high official that was found in her room, hanging on the ceiling and covered with her own blood.

It was quite disturbing as the said suicide occurred just last night, when everybody is still around.

I saw the bothered reaction on Ielvy's face. Others covered their mouths on their disbelief, some hugged each other out of anxiety and fear.

I gazed upon Ielvy who also looked back at me seriously. Her eyes full of questions. And I could even guess the same question that also runs on my mind.

This is bad.

What are your plans, Admiral?

Infirmary Morgue Cell 21

Melrey's Point of View

I just stood there. My eyes fixated on the gurney that serves as the temporary resting place for Helen.

Her blood staining the blanket that had been used to cover her cold body. Why. Just fucking why?

Yesterday, I was still able to hold you. To feel your warmth. And now, look at you.

Lifeless.

Why. Why do I feel half of my life was taken away from me?

Suddenly, I felt the presence of people behind me. But never I did mind.

"Melrey-"

"You son of a b--!"

My mind just went blank as I heard the familiar voice behind me. My knuckles penetrating deep on his left cheek causing him to stumble down on the cold morgue floor.

"Howard!!" I screamed at the top most of my breath. My lungs bursting out of fury and frustration.

He then looked at me as he wiped blood from the side of his mouth.

"You can punch all you want but we can never get her back!!" he then responded and stood up.

His eyes all intimidating me and caused me to back off a bit. My eyes started to be filled with tears I wasn't expecting to come down.

"Why. Just why!! I know Helen!! She wouldn't be doing such things!! She wouldn't just take her life away like that!!!"

"And I do believe you, Melrey."

"And its because of this stupid mess that Helen is gone!! You hear me!!?? It's all Xavierheld's fault!!!"

"Enough!!!!"

The both of us looked up and saw a familiar person coming out of the dark. She looked at us seriously, her eyes piercing through my soul.

Howard immediately gave a respectful salute to Admiral Maris, but my arms are already weak enough and lost respect for the person who I trusted Helen's life with.