Datum 12 : Failed Attempt

MOR'S PROVISIONARY PRISON SETTLEMENT, XAVIERHELD CORRECTION PRISONS B-1, CITY OF VERDAUX, XAVIERHELD COLONY

0556H (05:56am)

Von's Point Of View

"Kuya Von!!!!!"

Agad kong napatigil ang aking unit nang marinig ko ang isang pamilyar at malakas na sigaw mula saaking transmission line.

It was Ielvy's voice. I gripped my controllers nang sinimulan akong kutuban ng masama.

"Ielvy! What's wro—"

Ngunit hindi ko na nagawa pang matuloy ang aking pagtatanong nang marinig ko ang pag tunog ng alarm system ng aking unit.

I attempted to scan through the surroundings but to my dismay, I felt a sudden blow of impact towards my side.

"Sh*t! what the!"

Buong gulat kong pagbulalas as I saw another Mechanical Guardian Unit clanged through my side. Sparks of neon orange was thrown all over the damaged arm where it clashed.

"Ielvy what are you doing!!!?" I shouted as I maneuvered my unit's remaining functional arm to protect Ivann and Revienne.

I waited for a response from her, but a dread silence was heard from the offensive unit.

"Kuya Von!!"

Agad akong napalingon as I saw another Mechanical Guardian Unit swiftly tackled the unit beside me. Mabilis silang bumulusok sa lupa, causing some of the dust to cloud the area.

"Kuya Von! Run!! That's not me!! She's trying to kill you!! Run! While I hold her!"

"Ano—Ano bang sinasabi mo!!?" I shouted out of confusion as I maneuvered my unit out of the chaotic field.

At this point, nalilito na ako sakanilang dalawa. Sino ba talaga si Ielvy sakanila?!!! Saan nanggaling ang spare unit na yun!?

The sound of loud heavy machinery fighting was emerging as the thick cloud of dust slowly disperses.

Nauubos ang oras ko. Hindi ko maaring iwan si Ielvy ng ganun ganun lang lalo na't hindi pa siya gaanong sanay sa pag pilot ng isang unit.

I gotta save Ielvy!

As the smoke was cleared, agad na natuon saaking target screen ang dalawang naglalaban na Mechanical Guardian Units.

"Shoot her!!" Ielvy with her commanding firm voice over the transmission line.

"But I'm confused!! Alin kaba dyan?! These units have the same appearance and style!" I shouted out of panic.

"I'm the one holding her! Shoot now!!!"

"But--!"

"Do it Von!"

Natigilan ako saaking narinig. It's the first time she called my name without kuya and I know she's dead serious.

I clench my teeth as I locked the missile target patungo sa sinabi niyang unit. Drops of cold sweat drips through my neck.

Napapikit ako as I unhesitantly pressed the missle launch button.

Nang biglang..

AMMUNITION EMPTY!

"Sh*t!" napabulalas ako as I witness how fate turned its back on me. Dumagdag pa ang mabilis na pagsuntok ng hindi kilalang unit sa mga kamay ng unit ni Ielvy making her loose her grip.

Nanlamig ako as I witness with a blink of an eye how that unit penetrates her blade towards my cockpit.

Agad akong napayuko as I feel the raging heat of her blade that quickly sliced the top of my cockpit door, leaving me exposed and luckily, alive.