Stars

Late that night, with the stars glimmering in the dark sky. the ship was almost breaching the land. they, lightbulb and paintbrush, sat on the deck together. they looked up at the night sky together, mostly in silence.

"so..." lightbulb said, she laid back, star gazing. "what'll you do when you get to land? I mean, I know what i'll do."

paintbrush looked over at their friend "what'll you do, belle?"

"well, I'll get supplies, get new crew members, then, set sail again. you?" lightbulb said, she looked over at paintbrush, who was still sitting.

"Well, I guess I'll go back to how I used to live, be a merchant, become a carver and sell my artwork, raise torch the way she was meant to. I want her to be happy."

Lightbulb looked away, a bit saddened. she so badly wanted to continue going on adventures with paintbrush, but, they decided that it wasn't something worth arguing over.

paintbrush soon laid next to lightbulb, as they continued to talk to one another.

"My favorite constellations are the little and big dipper" paintbrush said, pointing to them in the sky

"how so?"

"well, they go together perfectly. without one, the other would barley even make sense. the little dipper is pouring stars into the big dipper, if either one of them was gone, the other would be incomplete."

lightbulb smiled at paintbrush, their creativity and ideas behind the stars where fascinating. after a few minutes, she heard soft snoring. she looked over to see paintbrush was asleep. she wrapped them up in their leather cloak, and brought them to the bedrooms.

"You know what belle means, right?" someone asked,they stood in the doorway. they glowed a soft red, and lightbulb felt some warmth come from them too.

She turned around to see paintbrush's daughter.

"yes, I think so, though, I don't understand why they call me that. i'm not a bell." lightbulb said, looking back at paintbrush

torch facepalmed "no, they don't mean that type of bell, they mean belle. its french for beauty."

Lightbulb stared at paintbrush, and smiled.

"They think i'm pretty, huh?" lightbulb said, looking at torch.

"yeah, I guess they do. anyways, goodnight, ma"

Lightbulb froze up.

'ma?'