Sword Fights

Later that day, after paintbrush consulted with test tube, they decided to work on something, their woodworking and artistic skills, so, they rummaged trough their bag, to pull out a pocket knife. it wasn't very big, but it was pretty sturdy. they went down to the supply area, where they where trapped for many hours, to find some un-needed wood.

but, on their way down, they bumped into two people.

"Like- ow! oh wait- i'm dead, I can't feel." A girl said, laughing trough her, somewhat un-describable, female, voice.

then, another voice chimed in, muffled and low, but, with a slight accent. "Watch out next time, bow."

paintbrush looked up, there where the two chefs of the ship, two glowing, slight translucent, ghosts. paintbrush had never seen them before, well, they where ghosts. thats probably the reason- but, there they where. one was a hot pink bow, while the other was what seemed to be cookie or bread dough.

the two ghosts looked back at the artist.

"ohmagaw! I didn't know there was a hairbrush here!"

"i'm actually a paintbrush-"

"can I, like, call you hairy?" the bow said, looking at paintbrush closely.

"No...? hairbrush is my father." Paintbrush said, backing up a little. "what are you two doing down here anyways?"

"We're the chefs, we where just getting supplies."

"..huh" paintbrush said, looking past them, where a small log of wood stood.

Paintbrush then walked between the two ghosts, picked the wood up, and started to carve into it. they had no idea what they where going to make, they just knew they wanted to make something.

"like, what're you doing with that wood, hairy?"

"carving it."

after a while of carving wood, talking to the two chefs, they came out with a little statue of... something? a dragon maybe? Hydra? but they where proud of it. by the time they had finished, the two ghosts had vanished.

piantbrush gently set down the mythical statue into their bag, and walked up to the deck.

for once, it was clean. after that attack, it was covered in dry blood for weeks. but, now it was scrubbed and polished. there, washing one of the blood stains, the maid was. but what caught paintbrush's eye, wasn't the maid. it was the captain, teaching fan and test tube how to spar, and how to sword fight. paintbrush watched in awe, hoping that maybe they could join in the lesson. paintbrush always wanted to know how to sword fight, so, this could be their chance. 

 they walked up to lightbulb, tapping her shoulder. which, was a mistake on their part. Lightbulb turned around swiftly, sweeped paintbrush's feet from underneath them, and pointed the scabbard to their face; all without noticing it was paintbrush.

"Oh- Uh! paintbrush! i'm sorry-"

"its okay belle, I probably should have warned you first"

"No, I should've warned you. are you okay?" lightbulb said inspecting paintbrush to make sure they weren't harmed in any way.

"yes, I am fine"

Fan and trophy stood there, staring at the two, awkwardly exchanging apologies. while they watched, they eventually started to spar themselves. which, caught both of lightbulb and paintbrush's attention.

"Anyway, I wanted to learn how to sword fight. I thought that it would be a nice thing to know, along with making me a bit more useful"

"You really want to learn? like... really really?"

Paintbrush nodded, and lightbulb handed paintbrush an extra scabbard, as they began their lesson.