Forgiveness

A little glass bottle floated upon the water, bobbing up and down gently. it rocked its way to a boat, gently clinking against it's side. luckily, for this little bottle, someone in the crew spotted it, a test tube. she grabbed a net, and fished the glass out of the sea. she was curious of what could've been inside. she opened the little bottle, to see a little folded up letter inside.

she gently unfolded the paper, to see that, it was addressed to two familiar names. "to: Paintbrush and Torch." it read. instead of giving it to them immediately, she read it, looking between the lines. she was interested in the french sailor's life.

"My dearest family, oh how I miss you two. I wish I could take back the things i've said and done to you two. you don't know the regrets that haunt me. I only want forgiveness. but, I know that I'll never get such a thing. if this ever makes it to you two, somehow, somewhere. just know I love you two, and oh so badly want you back." it said, it seemed as if it was a desperate apology. she read on, and saw who wrote it. a woman named "match."

Test tube folded the letter back up, and gently slid it back into its bottle. she walks around the ship, to soon find paintbrush, talking with compie, fan, and torch.

"Ahem?" Test tube said, looking at the four. "I got a letter for paintbrush and torch, there" she said, holding up the bottle.

"how'd you ever get a letter? WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN" Torch said, pointing to the bottle.

"It just floated up to the boat.I looked inside the letter, and it was in fact addressed to you two." test tube responded, she rolled the bottle over to the group. 

Paintbrush opened the bottle, they pulled out the letter, then, read it. as they read it, they started to boil a little.

"paints, what does it say?" torch said, asking curiously.

then, once they finished reading, Paintbrush stood up, and chucked it overboard. they where obviously mad about what was written. they then stormed off.

"Paints wait!" Torch said, calling after their dami. they ran after them.

"what a drama-queen." Compie commented.

Test tube looked at compie and smirked "I like you.."

Meanwhile, paintbrush sat in a secluded area of the ship, alone. soon after sitting down there, torch sat next to their Dami.

"You okay, Paints?" Torch asked, they where concerned for them.

Paintbrush nodded, tucking their head into their arms.

"why'd you trow the paper? what was up with it?"

Paintbrush looked at their daughter, then sighed. they looked away. "It was from your mother."

Torch froze, then got a little mad herself. "oh."

"it was about her wanting us to come home, and how 'sorry' she was." paintbrush said, they calmed a bit.

"oh, I see. well, i'm glad we left her behind, honestly. she wasn't nice at all. but, all that negative stuff is in the past. sure, could learn from it, hold grudges, but, its best just to move on, you know?" Torch said, she looked at her Demi, then awkwardly laughed "o-oh! sorry! I rambled, didn't I?"

"no, no. its fine." Paintbrush said. they then thought for a second, then, stood up. they started to walk away.

"where are you going, paints?" Torch asked, looking at paintbrush.

"To make something right." they said, as they walked towards Lightbulb's office.

once they got to the door, they knocked on the door. which, lightbulb herself soon opened. she seemed surprised that paintbrush was there. paintbrush didn't shiver or shake, they stood perfectly still.

"can we talk for a moment, Lightbulb?" paintbrush asked, gently.

Lightbulb nodded, then, let paintbrush into her office. it didn't look as they expected. it looked like a beautiful bedroom, like one they had seen back home.

"what do you need, paintbrush?" she said, sitting at a nearby desk.

"I wanted to say to you..." Paintbrush hesitated for a moment, then, spoke once again."I wanted to say to you that... I'm sorry." they seemed genuine. though, lightbulb had no idea what paintbrush was sorry for.

"why're you apologizing to me? you did nothing wrong, did you?" she said, a hint of pity in her voice.

Paintbrush walked closer to lightbulb, "From what I know, you've been trying to tell me something, and, I've just been pushing you away. I'm sorry, Lightbulb." they said, they had noting else to say.

Lightbulb got up, then, she hugged Paintbrush. tightly. "I should be the one saying sorry to you. I'mm the one who almost killed you after all." 

Paintbrush choked on their words, they couldn't think of anything to say. the only thing that came out, where short breaths, and small tears. They hugged lightbulb back. After a few minutes, they both let go. Paintbrush wiped their tears, then, looked at their friend.

"thanks." they then left the room.

They walked on the deck, down the creeking stairs, then, sat in their spot. the spot they where when they first stepped foot onto this ship. torch, their daughter, followed paintbrush down there. she sat next to them.

"i've been meaning to ask you, why are you scared of the captain, Dami?"She asked, looking up at the taller of the two.

Paintbrush looked down at their daughter. they smiled, then kissed their daughters forehead. "I'm not scared of her anymore."