A sailor's song

From underneath the 7 seas, the mermaid and sea creatures heard the muffled song of joyful sailors, from the world above. they could tell this, for, they saw the lingering shadow of a boat from above. most of the mermaids hid when they heard their song. but, taco and microphone did the exact opposite. today, at this very moment, they thought would be perfect. the perfect moment to see the skies above.

the two swam up to the world above, seeing a perfect rock to look out from.

but, on their way up, taco was caught by one of the guards again, with out microphone knowing. she continued to swim up, thinking her friend was still with her, she kept her eyes closed, tight. she reached her hand out to grab the rock and...

suddenly, a blare of light, the feel of cold breeze against her scales, the rough texture of the rock, and the clear singing of the sailors

suddenly, a blare of light, the feel of cold breeze against her scales, the rough texture of the rock, and the clear singing of the sailors. she then opened her eyes, and took the first look at the world above.

It was magnificent, rich blue skies dotted with white clouds, the sunshine beaming down. it was all unlike anything shes ever seen before.

she caught a glimpse of the sailors, two...fins? it was all new information to her, the sailors she could see where a feather and a glove, strange, yet, exciting. but as she was taking it all in, she felt something pull her tail.

she then was violently yanked back into the sea. but, not before feeling a stinging pain in her shoulder and head.

she was shot by one of the sailors