Cut short

The next morning finally arrived, the ship, bobbing on the waters of the ocean, was inching closer and closer to the beautiful land. on the ship's deck, a dami and their daughter practiced sparing, swords clashing like two eagles, fighting in the sky.

Torch jabbed her sword at her dami playfully, almost hitting their face.

"Woah! you almost got me. I bet ya can't do that again, though!" Paintbrush said, adjusting their glasses.

"Oh yes I can!" Torch said, determined.

they sparred for a bit more, when, torch made another move, similar to the one she did just a few minutes back. this time, it actually hit paintbrush.

Paintbrush was confused at first, cause they felt a tug at their bristles, then, nothing. they then looked down, still holding their scabbard.

Torch had accidentally cut their long bristles.

Torch began to panic "Paints i'm so sorry! I-I didn't mean to!"

paintbrush cut their daughter off, walking towards her. "it's fine, torch. it's just my bristles. i'm not hurt."

Torch calmed herself, and nodded. "yeah, but now they're a mess." she said, pointing to the bristles.

Paintbrush thought for a moment, then smiled. "Then I'll just get them cut completely"

"Oh, so you're going bald?" Torch joked.

"Oh maybe I will now that you said that!"

"nUUU"

much later, they eventually convinced lightbulb of all people to do painty's bristles. which, when lightbulb finished, it revealed piantbrush's naturally curly bristles.