Bird Cage

Paintbrush woke up, now in a new room. it reminded them of the coldness of the storage room on the LBB. they looked around. they realized that, they where still tied up. they saw two dimly lit containers, made of glass and metal. inside, there floated two graceful mermaids- mermen? mer...people? anyways, they floated there, both alive and moving about. the two didn't speak, but they both starred at paintbrush, like a deer in the headlights.

paintbrush tried to go over to them, but, ended falling on their face. it didn't help they didn't have their glasses with them. they looked around, seeing boxes, bags, canisters, barrels. all scattered around the already tiny room, making everything feel cramped.

then the door of the room opened.

"c'est fantastique, n'est-ce pas?" they mumbled to themself.

all they could remember is losing alot of blood, the contsant beating, and the ear-piercing laughter.

"Hey boss, its awake!" the sailor yelled.

"Oh, ils m'appellent 'it' maintenant, comme c'est amusant." they mumbled again, obviously irritated.

they then dragged paintbrush out of the room, holding them by the bristles. again, it was painful. as they dragged them, they saw all the "weak spots" of the boat, like where they had patched up leaks, and where they kept their water supply. the investigation actually proved to distract them from the pain.

cela pourrait être utile plus tard,

they thought to themself.

while looking at every detail that passed them as they got dragged, they all came to a sudden stop. infront of them, was the door to the deck. they opened the door, and walked onto the deck. infront of them all, was a giant bird cage.

"mec, vous avez vraiment choisi l'option du cliché, hein?"

"the hell you saying, frechie?" feather said, reaching for his sword

"N-nothing!"

they then threw paintbrush into the cage, locking him in.

"When did you even get the time to build this?!"

they ignored them, and continued on with their pirate-ing.

On their way, paintbrush saw them attack other pirate ships, and innocent supply ships. it was a sight to be seen, but, not a pleasant one. a scene cover in crimson and screams

just... cruel.