Part Forty

-Third Person Point of View-

Time passed by for Devan Key and Emma Anderson.

Although the break up was tough, it was part of life, and they both knew it. Love comes in a package which includes freebies; pain and troubles. Nothing lasts forever, nothing stays the same.

- - - - -

Emma and Ethan worked out great, picking right where they left off.

From the very start, everyone thought that these inseparable friends were meant to be. They fit each other quite perfectly, almost. After their first date, they eventually started hanging out more often, whether it was a date or just a simple hangout with new and old friends. They were awkward at first, but eventually started molding into each other.

then, came the day when Ethan had the balls to ask Emma to be his girlfriend. It was 8 months after their first date when he did so. He did it in the most creative way; while Emma was sleeping, he slipped the small promise ring on her finger before waking her up, telling her that there was something on her hand. It filled Emma's heart and of course, she said yes.

They've been together for 2 years. They were perfect for each other; having little fights here and there and almost agreeing to everything the other one says or thinks. They were truly happy.

- - - - -
Devan and Olive made an odd couple.

The two did not have much likes nor dislikes but they clicked. After that first date, Devan was being happier and he couldn't stop thinking of her. His relationship with Olive was different from Emma's; it was more heated, more physical, more... adventurous and fun. But they never actually... had done the deed yet. It was all touch and make out, but it never came to the part where they were only in their underwear. Both of them weren't ready for it.

Olive looked so pretty and is, actually, quite a famous Instagram celebrity. So being his boyfriend, he tried keeping the comments and dm's nice and not too dirty that it could actually disrespect Olive. It worked out just right. Kinda.

Oh, and remember when I told you their relationship was much heated? Yeah. They were on and off. Fight, break, kiss, back together, repeat. But that's kinda what fuels their relationship. They actually had a huge and serious fight, and Oliver thought it was the end of the on-and-off couple. They didn't talk or see each other for a week. Until Devan said sorry and they, once again, got back together.

They've been on and off for 2 years. They're one hell of a chaos.

- - - - - - - -
Emma's POV
"Ems?" I heard my 2 year boyfriend mumbled beside me. We were both doing things for our work but it was okay because we were doing it in a soft work space; our bed. "Hmm?" I hummed in reply, eyes still glued to my laptop screen and my fingers still rapidly typing information for my job application. Even if I started working at Starbucks at the age of 17, I still need a proper job. Also because they kinda fired me. 

"Leila's inviting us to a party at San Francisco." I stopped my typing to look at him. He was looking down on his phone, but eventually looked back at me. "What for? That's a 5 hour trip." I chuckled out. He chuckled too and shook his head. "Yeah, nevermind. It's just a stupid party." He looked away and started scrolling down his phone. But i knew better. 

"What? What is it? Why won't you tell me what the party's about?" I asked which made him sigh and turn off his phone, before looking at him. "It's Lei's 19th birthday ," He said but ended with a one that indicates he has something more to say. I nodded for him to go on. "And, well,.... Devan's gonna be there." He said quickly, as if he's trying to make it incoherent for me. I scoffed after an awkward silence decided to haunt us. "So? It's okay. This is for Leila, not for him."