Part Thirty-five

The two boys stared at each other for a while before Ethan asked if he could talk to him for a moment. Devan agreed and went with him, just in the middle of the road, knowing that there won't be much cars or vehicles roaming around these streets at this hour. 

"Take care of Emma for me." Ethan sternly told Devan, his hands in his bottoms, not meeting Devan's stare. Then there was silence after Devan nodded a bit. "Is Emma just a friend to you?" Devan blurted out. He's been thinking that Ethan's actions aren't just friendly. Something's wrong, Devan always thought when he sees Ethan with Emma. 

Ethan's head snapped up to meet Devan's eyes. He blushed but thanks to the dim lighting of the street lights, Devan couldn't see him. "Emma's just a friend to me, Dev. Nothing to worry about." Ethan tried to say smoothly, ending with a fake smile to try to convince the boyfriend of his crush.

"Suit yourself," Devan said, knowing that he was lying. I see it in his eyes that he was lying. I see the hurt in his eyes when I'm with Emma, He thought to himself. "Good night, Ethan." he said, patting Ethan's shoulder and started walking to the direction where Ethan is, but stopping when he was close to his ears. 

"But if I see you doing anything to my Princess that is beyond friendly, your nights won't be good anymore." He whispered. It was rare that Devan would give out threats to people. Devan was a kind person who would talk every problem out instead of fighting physically. As he walked away, Ethan, stood there, looking at Devan's retreating form then at Emma's window. 

I'll fight for my love. What ever it takes. 

--------------------

(a/n: Endgame, anyone? No spoilers btw. I havent watched it.)

I am sorry for the short chapter :( 

If you're a Filipino who was affected by the recent Earthquake, I hope you are safe and okay :// it "shook" me as well :)