Part Twenty-two

Emma's POV
Ethan and I sat in silence as we both ate our cereals. I still can't wrap my mind around why Ethan attempted to kiss me. My best friend  tried to kiss me! I'm getting frustrated just thinking of why, causing me to involuntarily groan and getting Ethan's attention. "What's wrong?" He asked after swallowing his chewed up cereal. "Ethan, answer me with all honesty. Why did you tried to kiss me last night?" I bluntly asked, crossing my arms and looking him in the eye. He blushed and awkwardly coughed. "I-i... I don't know." He mumbled and looks down, frustrating me more. "Ethan just tell me! Tell me why! Is it because you like me?!" I burst out, making him flinch. 

"OKAY! Okay," he paused and took a deep breath. "Lets go to your room. We'll talk there." he instructed. I couldn't even care where we go, I just want to know what the hell is wrong with him.

"Emma, I..." He started once we were both seated on my bed. I can tell he's nervous because he was playing with his fingers and can't look straight at me for 5 seconds. He took another deep breath and all of a sudden, he kisses me. 

Ethan's POV
I was beyond nervous on telling her about my true feelings for her. I don't even know how to verbalize it!!! Or maybe I just don't know how to talk at the moment. So, remembering the saying "Actions speak louder than words", so I... kissed her, but quickly regretting it. 

"What the hell, Ethan?" She exclaimed, obviously mad at me... "I like you." I blurted out when she was about to say something. She looked quite lost, so I took the cue to explain. "I had a crush on you after a month of our friendship. I dismissed the feeling but when it became stronger, I just- I just couldn't risk our friendship to get ruined. So I never told you." I said, looking at her reaction after. She was... shocked. I hope. 

"But what about the girls you dated?" She asked, completely confused. "I dated them in hopes that my feelings for you to disappear. But it didn't work." I explained, blushing and looking down at my sweaty palms, waiting for a reaction or any reply from her. Nothing. I was only greeted with awkward silence. 

"I-i have to go our for fresh, uhm, air."She faintly mumbled after minutes or maybe even seconds. "Wait, Emma," I said and quickly stood up, but she quickly ran out the room, leaving me here in the room, hoping that she'll come back not mad at me. 

Devan's POV
Collins and I were filming another video but I was thinking of Emma and Ethan, making me zone out a couple of times. "......Devan? Devan did you just hear what I said?" My brother said, making me snap back to reality. "Huh? Uhm no not really." I said with all honesty and a small chuckle. "Guys, as you just saw, my brother here is zoning out alot because he's j-" I quickly covered his mouth before the word or words come out of his mouth. "Because i'm just very sleepy. I didn't got sleep last night s- COLLINS WHAT THE HELL?!" I shouted when Collins licked my hand. "YOU ARE SO GROSS!" I shouted and chased him in the house since we were in the backyard. 

"DEVAN IS JEALOUS BECAUSE OF HIS GIRLFRIEND'S BEST FRIEND!" He shouted when we were back outside, me still chasing him, just loud enough for the camera and the microphone to capture. Ha, I'm the one who's gonna be editing the video so I could delete that. Collins picked up the camera and whispered but loud enough for me to hear. "Sorry if this video is unedited but if I let my brother edit this he's gonna delete what I just said. So bye!" I, once again, spoke too soon. "COLLINS!" I shouted but he was already rushing upstairs. 

When I was about to run after him, my phone rang in my pocket which made my heart leap when I saw the caller. "Hey Emma is everything okay?" I blurted out with pure happiness and a bit of worry. "Can I, uhm, meet you somewhere? Just the two of us? It's okay if you can't-" "Of course. Meet you at the local park by the bench near the children's area?" I cut her off, smiling to myself. "Thank you Devan. I love you." I was about to say 'i love you' back but she ended the call right after she said 'you'. 

---
I looked around the benched that I told her earlier and I quickly spotted her in.... her pajamas? "Hey princess. Is everything alright?" I asked when I finally sat down beside her. She looked at me and smiled. "Nothing. I just missed you." She said and hugged me tight which I gladly returned. "Are you sure? You can tell me anything Emma." I whispered while caressing her hair. She sighed but didn't reply. I let it be that way. 

--------------------------
watcha think about Ethan and Emma? Lol k bye