41: Late Nights and Vodka

Start from the beginning

"Peaceful, Just a good vacation yeah"

"I plan to stay you know. I'm not sure yet but, I'll look for some local jobs tomorrow morning" I looked at how Cyan would react, finding his small smile unnerving. This is so unlike Cyan Davis.

"What is with you?" I asked finally.

"I rather talk about it over vodka" he shook his head no and chuckled.

"Whatever that is, I won't go back in Miami. Maybe I can live with Aunt Carla in Washington or something but I won't be convinced with your little persuas-"

"I'm not asking you to stay in Miami, trust me" he interjected.

"Oh" Not what I was expecting.

The ride was silent after that until we reached the bar full swing.

- - -

The vodka has taken its effect on me after 2 shots. That's how much my mind wanted to be drunk. I have always believed that you take the alcohol inside your stomache, not inside your head. But now, I am drinking and taking the booze inisde my head.

I've had bad choices in life but this might be one of the worst. I have made a point to get wasted and not just a tipsy wasted but black out wasted. Why?

Well, for one, Cyan just opened to me about where he was coming from when he told Costa about the threat from Preston. I had finally understood and if it was me on Cyan's shoes, I would've done better and told police even if it may dig out about an affair.

Threat of rape is terrible of the terrible. Girls my age does not even take it lightly when it happens to them, what more when the victims are younger - much more fragile than me and than those ladies my age.

Preston might have threatened others and I would stand to stop that fucking psycho if I had to.

Another thing that Cyan raised was he needed my help. Yes, Cyan being Cyan has girl troubles again. And I did not thought it would be a pregnancy problem.

"Are you sure it is yours?" I laughed drunkenly.

He took the whiskey he has been nursing, drank it in one gulp, "Why would you-uh. A-actually I never really, you know, like I-I did assumed it is mine, you know"

You know. Cyan does never stammer. Not unless...

"You're overwhelmed are you? You're anxious, about what? And you did told me before Brooke had a boyfriend" I raised my hand for the bartender and ordered, "Hoegarden please 2 bottles, thanks"

"I just assumed" he whispered.

"That's what people do and they always get it wrong. Why would you assume and believe that assumption? Maybe you can talk to her or something right? And she's planning to take it away - the baby, I mean that's a deadline right there" I ranted and ranted, "Maybe you should fly to where she at right now and stop her. She might be alone in this she needs a support system. Cornelia is the bestfriend, but Brooke also needs the father of the child - if it is you or not, she needs you even if she does not show it"

The bottle of beer came and so does the buzzing of my phone above the table. We are sitted on the bar and Cyan jumped off the stool he sat on, "I need to call her... You know like, stop her for a moment"

"Yes, that's exactly what I was going for" I nodded vigorously and it hurt my head but I did not mind. Cyan jogged towards the front door to have that call.

My eyes went back to my phone screen and it shows my mother calling.

I stood up and grabbed my bottle and phone, walking towards the restroom instead, to answer.