37: Telling The Truth

Chapter 37: Telling the Truth

Dione POV

"... Just needs her signature and I'm done with her" he ended.

My mouth was slightly opened from what Costa said, I couldn't even fathom how this man who clearly won't leave Xenia tell us that he has the divorce papers ready for his wife's signature.

"I'm not getting it" Robi leaned away from me.

"Me neither" Wayne nodded as he walked inside the room and sat on the end of my bed, crossing his arms with his furrowed brows and matching pout, "You told me you're thinking about it yes, but you actually doing it?"

I nodded at this.

Who would know?

"Xenia is..."

"A self loving and demanding bitch, quote unquote" Wayne chuckled, filling in for Costa.

"So what now?" Robi said, "Things with Di won't change a thing, divorced or not. So I am glad to have you promise me you won't see her ever again"

"I can hear you, you know" I whispered and pulled my bedsheet higher, covering my chin and staring at the white sheets, thinking. Well.. More like having an internal battle with myself and my stubborn self.

"I'm going to Brazil in two weeks" I looked at Robi, "You know, birthday plans and all"

"That's what I thought" she smiled back.

So, I guess this must be the best time to go home. Like I promised my mom couple weeks ago.

"Then that'll be my queue to leave" Wayne murmured, he gave Robin a single kiss on her temple before whispering something I didn't get to hear.

"I guess you can go too" I looked at Costa, who is still sitting stiffly at the small couch.

I'm done with being the side chick. The homewrecker. The slut. Just done.

He opened his mouth to say something but decided not to with a few seconds of hesitation.

See? He's weak. If he wants me, he would've said something for me to make him stay. I don't need a man who can't step up for what he wants - who doesn't have the determination to fight for me.

Divorcing his wife is great. It might be a good thing but it doesn't give out the fact that I too want someone who at least can give an effort to be with me.

Maybe he did spent time with me because I was easy and this makes my heart ache. Now I am asking myselg why did I have to be easy...

Someday I have to learn that men don't fucking do serious if they got it easily. Men are innately going to mess everything up.

The two men went out of the room and we heard the front door shut not moments after.

So much for drama.

The room was silent but Robi, being Robi, nudged me, "So?"

I turned to face her, the smile she has on is so big I think she might hurt her jaw or cheeckbones. "So.... What?" I asked, chuckling. Should I tell her about Preston practically blackmailing me for sex?

"So... Friends?" she looked down.

"Best friends" I giggled and hugged the life outta her.

I miss my bestfriend.

"I miss you so so so sooooo much" I sobbed from all the emotions that has been bottled up.

"Shhhh" Robin soothed my back as I full on cried.