38: Brazilian Wax

Chapter 38: Brazilian Wax

12 days later

"I always tell you, separately eating the buns and patty won't make any difference" my father said.

I'm currently in Brazil after a whole week of catching up with work and filing a short leave just before my birthday week.

Who says we can't buy happiness? Just devouring a huge chunk of burger here in Sao Paolo gives me more high than ecstacy could ever do me.

Sure hell I will gain a one pound a day  being here and that speaks a lot since I'm staying for another 10 days special vacation. My mothers loves to cook and when I say she loves it... I meant she cook meals and desserts almost the whole day. During weekends that is.

I remembered when I was in Junior year, she made cupcakes for morning snack, gingerbread cookies for afternoon snack, and freaking gigantic tower cake for dinner. And there wasn't even an occassion, unless she thinks having C- in Biology calls for a celebration.

I hated Biology in some sense like how the hell am I going to remember all the skeletal parts of a human being? Anatomy was my best if I'm being honest - reproductive organ being the A+ of it all.

"So, how's my new pattie recipe?" my mom asked while she took the pitcher of lemonade from the fridge.

"A+" I giggled and shrugged.

"Close your mouth when it is full, sweet dear" dad reminded.

"Let me give you a Father of the Year medal later" I chuckled as did my mother.

She placed two glasses of drinks opposite me and my father.

"Tell me about your special someone, you never opened it up again after Seattle" my mother voiced.

The moment my plane landed and I saw them from the exit of the airport, my mother chose to open her mouth about my special someone. Which is non existent.. So I just questioned something in revert to the unecessary question.

"He's not special. I got dad here why would I look for another man in my life?"

"Just tell me if you want a Daughter of the Year medal" my father joked as I rolled my eyes. He's such naive sometimes.

"How's Cyan? Is he all well in America?" mother questioned again.

"Speaking of the devil, we're not friends anymore"

"Why not?" the woman exasperated.

"Because he betrayed me, from telling others a secret I told him. You know, kid stuffs"

"How about that Robin?"

Robin.. I appreciate her to listen to all my rants and unending Costa fever when I got no one to lean on. She always said it will go away. Feelings are fleeting and I believe her.

A few loving nights equals lust and lust doesn't make love. It makes sex.

"She's still a handful but did a lot for me" helping me find a job as one thing. I'll have to inform my parents I'm no longer living lavishly, one of these days.

"Good thing you found someone to rely on, for a big city, you need friends to reach out to when we're miles here in Sao Paolo.

I nonned and looked down and saw the patty still placed at the plate in front of me while the top bun is half eaten. People might actually find it weird that a burger is eaten seperately. But thing is, it is none of your effing business.

"Ma" I called remembering I needed stuffs for my stay, my mouth half full, "You should go grocery shopping with me. I have to grab myself some toiletries and a quick drop by the pharmacy for my pills"