41: Late Nights and Vodka

Chapter 41: Late Nights and Vodka

"Maybe this?" I shook my head and pouted.

I didn't even thought of packing bar clothes. My current choices are either a white long skirt with a halter crop top that will make me look like someone who'd attend Coachella; or a white shift dress that rests just a little above my knee.

"Fuck it" I tossed the halter and removed my current dress to change to the sundress I chose.

A couple minutes later, I hopped down the set of stairs and saw Cyan laughing with my mother

A couple minutes later, I hopped down the set of stairs and saw Cyan laughing with my mother. Rosa and Big J no longer around and I feel a bit bad I left before they could leave. I never even said goodbye, where the fuck are my manners now.

I heard mother laughed again a little louder this time. Well, Cyan is a natural charmer. Everybody loves this guy.

"Coming?" I asked loud enough to catch the attention of both.

Cyan looked at my direction and chuckled, "Where are you going? Coachella?"

I rolled my eyes, "Are you coming or not?"

He held my mother's hand and kissed it lightly, "Excuse us, Mrs. Miele, I'm sure to drive her home safe before midnight"

"Oh how sweet young man"

I scoffed and went straight out of the front door, feeling Cyan follow after me. We don't have a car in Sao Paolo, so I made it to a point where I borrow my father's keys before I went down the living room.

"You drive" I told Cyan, turning around to see him quite lost. Not literally, but his face is devoid of emotions and he did not even stare at my butt. Which he does to all the girls he is with.

"Earth to Cyan Davis" I waved and handed the key of our Chevrolet Malibu.

He got back fast and witty, "I was just really wondering why you changed from sexy to hobo"

"Well, I wasn't so comfortable with a dress that rests below my butt so" I shrugged and tossed him the key which he caught well.

"Well, that is quite the point" he chuckled and went to the driver's side. Both of us settling down.

He started driving out of our driveway not long after. The bar is not somewhere I knew, I actually felt like a stranger to my own hometown now. Having been away for almost 9 years.

"How did you knew about this bar?" I asked over the soft radio.

"I'm not a hermit, unlike you Di I have been around" he explained and glanced at me, "I should be explaining to you now but I prefer we have alcohol in our system"

"It can wait, you know I don't really hold grudges" I mumbled and smiled at him.

"Of course you don't"

I nodded and hummed. Looking at the houses that we passed by and some stores which is still open at 9 in the evening.

"I missed this place" I whispered but loud enough for Cyan to hear.