12: Visitor

Chapter 12: Visitor

My eyes are sore from the crying I did all night. First, Costa didn't speak with me after the kiss we had in the car. Second, my head is aching from both the shots I downed and the sleepless night I had. Lastly, I had the guts to watch A Walk to Remember when I was all lonely and sad.

I thought my period was gone but I'm still freaking PMSing.

The night was so long for my liking and the thudding I hear along with the soft conversations are frustrating me to the top!

I will congratulate Robin for shagging Wayne after a week. Maybe celebrate that she finally had what she wanted from him.

But truth be told, my weekend sums up to be a disaster and celebrating is the least of what I want right now.

My puffy eyes diverted towards the wall clock which showed 8:12 in the morning. I am inwardly cursing myself for being too pathetic right now and I couldn't even fathom eating breakfast - I'd vomit it all up after.

As if the world is against me, my phone rang like a rooster during dawn.

"Mom" my voice raspy, too much for my liking.

"Hey baby, how is Seattle?" she cheered.

Hell.

"It's okay. Everything's fine" I clipped.

I heard some shuffling on the other end before my mother spoke again, "Just fine? I do not think anything is fine"

She really knows me like the back of her hand. Like one time where I cheated on a math test in 2nd grade? My mom knew it. At the end of the day, she confronted me about me passing in flying colors but never really studied the night before. Another part of me hates that my mom really thinks I flunk every time.

She even caught me as the thief who stole one of Barbara's present on her 7th birthday. I was 5yrs old, and that Barbie doll is limited edition!

"Mom" I whined.

"Don't mom me. Tell me what happened" she insisted.

"You remember when you and dad first met?" I opened.

"Of course I do. We aren't really the best match"

I giggled at that, "I know. But how did you got over hating each other? Or like how did you even knew dad loves you?"

"It's not that we hate one another. We just had short patience on each other" her voice dreamy, like it was yesterday, "your father always wanted sports while I suck at every physical activity. Specially basketball. Our co-ed school have co-ed gym classes. I'm your dad's team member. That is where it all started"

"He's the golden boy. You're the sweet girl. Of course cliches does happen" I teased.

"Dione, your father doesn't like me that way. He has a girlfriend back in the day. Beautiful that is. But sometimes the cupid has a way of playing games you know"

"Yeah, and sometimes cupid just breaks your heart or leave it broken like that" I uttered.

My mother gasped, "Tell me. Is this about a guy? You're sad because of a guy? Dione you don't know how much I'm so happy right now-"

"Mom! It's not like I'd wanted to marry. Don't get so hyped up that a man caught my interest" I defensively corrected her assumption.

I have never had a very serious relationship and both I had ended with me not even tearing a little. My mom knew that.

"Dione, you'll find him one day or the other. It is not embarrassing to tell me if there is indeed a man you're attracted to. And not just the 'okay let's get together since you pass my standards' kind of thing but the 'fvck those standards i like you' kind of thing"