16: The Day After

Chapter 16: The Day After

It wasn't really a shock that another day had arrived with me being alone. The other side of the bed no longer kept the warmth it once cradled and the room no longer caged the alluring perfume it once wore.

I kept still, my cheeks and breasts felt almost numb as I lay on my front. Thinking...

Last night was one of the best night I had in my life. I was sated and I was craved for by the man I desire. But like every sunny day, the clouds will consequently cover everything and mess it all up. Rain will pour and drown with sorrows.

I knew this is a one night stand with a married man. I got what I wanted, the sex and the revenge that turned out to be really sweet. Am I looking forward to it again? A night with him? Of course, my plan has been completed.

He left because he is guilty. Although, I didn't forecasted what to do after when I liked it. When I liked what happened between us. It is not like I could knock on his door and seduce him.

"Urgh" I groaned, pulling my hair from its roots lightly.

This killer hangover added to my misery. Apparently, the only thing that is great this morning was the perks of living alone, giving me the blessing of queer silence. Eerie but still silent. Who was I to complain.

My mom would've been yelling the house down for us to sit for breakfast since it is past 8am. Or maybe my dad is already sitted in the dining, killing me with questions by breaking curfew.

I groaned and stretched my legs, all this thinking makes my head hurt more. What the fuck do I do today?

I didn't missed the sore between my legs when I sat down and laid my head on the headboard. Still unclothed, my boobs pebbled by the coldness of the room as the white silk bedsheet rumpled on my hips.

"Where the fuck is he?" I whispered, not really wanting to know the amswer.

My head snapped on the night table but no note was left. With a heavy head and empty heart, I raised slowly from bed.

What do you expect? It was a one night stand.

The bathroom was clean and dry too, Costa didn't even washed up. He was so keen in fucking running away from me.

With a quick bath and brushing of my teeth, I decided to go out for my monthly grocery. Mentally noting that I have to get some plan b pills since we never really know how effective contraceptives are.

If the man already left me just by the thought he slept with me, then a baby isn't a fucking option.

Shit and he is married.

A couple minutes later with a simple grey tee and blue jeans on, I went to the nearest grocery which was a good half an hour from the flat.

The weather matched my emotions as the clouds embraced the sky like a mat, soft rumblings heard from afar.

I gotta get home soon since I haven't even had some breakfast. My feet paced quicker and my 'to buy' rushed inside my mind.

The place was quite empty, a few mothers roam here and there and a couple grandnanas.

I ventured inside the mart in order, starting for the most far end of the area.

Fresh milk check.

Cocoa check.

Apple juice check.

I reached up to take one box of the largest cereal package and accidentally nudged the others and a couple fell off the rack.