25: I Couldn't Believe You

Chapter 25: I Couldn't Believe You

"You know this guy?" Zach stood like a hawk stalking its prey. His hand landed on Preston's shoulder with a stare that could make you say bye bye to the monsters under your bed.

Of course he would, Preston is practically manhandling me. Every inch of me rubbing against him whilst his hands locked around my waist.

I squirmed and gripped his forearm hard enough but he wouldn't flinch. Preston just looked happy with that grin plastered on his face, "Didn't expect to meet you so soon"

"Fuck off" I slapped his forearm, knowing it was hopeless anyway. I assume this man has the habit of manhandling every girl he sees.

The guy didn't even minded Zach and his presence. From the two men, Zach looked rugged and much more capable of breaking the other's nose. Now, Preston's confidence does amaze me. How far does he really go?

Is he drunk? I have all my cells in my body sreaming to avoid him at all cost.

"You heard her, if you don't like trouble, I suggest you unhand her and leave" the venom from Zach's tone didn't came unnoticed and he pat his shoulder twice.

The guy in front of me let me go but stayed a good feet away, glancing at Zach and to me, "Guy for the night? We could have more fun together"

A smirk evident on his face I want to slap it away real hard his whole head would've turned 360 degrees from impact.

Zach beside me flexed to protect me with the insults but I stopped him with my palm on his chest, "Yes, Zach's more than you could ever be. Asshole"

I swear I could've countered better. But nah.

The man nodded and grinned, "I've heard about you"

Heard that I sleep around? I don't.

I gave him a scoff, "Rumors are shit because it comes from mouths full of it"

The man nod once, his dark eyes making me shiver in not a good way, "Maybe it isn't when it comes from Costa's mouth yeah?"

I swallowed at that. Where is he going with this seriously? Costa would never tell anyone about me. That means he's cheating.

I am more wiser than Preston thinks I am. If he wants some reaction, I ain't giving any.

Instead of being stunned, my lips twitched in a smirk, "Now I wonder what that mouth can do aside from talking shit of things he doesn't know about" I hummed, "Said rumors may or may not be truth, Preston"

My body turned, walking the other way. Trying ny best to escape this hellhole. I didn't even bothered if Zach is with me, I just walked and walked and walked. Out in the bar and through the parking lot. I just stopped when I reached my Jazz.

A sigh left ny lips and I am aching to take my phone out and make a call to Costa. I needed reassurance... I'm a girl, too.

I need for him to tell me himself, if he sees me as a slut. If he really told people about me. If he openly admitted it, then I'd accept everything and wallow alone with my miseries.

Dramatic, yes.

But true.... Yes.

Hands squeezed both my shoulders and I knew it was Zach. He never spoke nor questioned anything. And I liked him for doing nothing.

"Hop on" I shrugged him off and tried my best to smile.

The night is young, I couldnt let some shit talking shithole make everything spoilt rotten.