46 - Say it

We started walking again to Rogers and Freddie's house and Roger grabbed my hand.
"You're disgustingly clingy Roggie I've never seen you like this..." Freddie sniffed. "Like what?" Roger asked.
"Soo..." Freddie squinted his eyes "in love".
Red shot to Rogers cheeks and he let go of my hand. "Ohhh I said the L word" Freddie laughed.

Rog composed himself "you're just jealous" he grinned. Freddie raised an eyebrow "jealous? I've got a beautiful girlfriend myself!"
"No you're jealous because somebody else is getting my attention" Rogers eyes twinkled.
"Oh don't be ridiculous" Freddie waved his hand "who am I? Brian?"

Freddie and I laughed but Roger rolled his eyes and took out a cig while handing Freddie one as well.

We arrived at their home and went inside.

Roger and me went up to his room and Freddie went to his own.
Roger fell down onto the bed and massaged his temples. "Tired?" I chuckled. Roger grinned and kicked off his shoes, "never! I could go out again tonight if you wanna come with".
I looked at him to see if he was serious, he was. "Do you just wanna party every night?" I laughed "don't you need to prepare for your stupid trip?"

Oops I didn't mean to say that.

Roger sat up right "stupid is it, huh?". I stuttered "noo it's not, I just-"
I didn't know what to say. I obviously wanted to support Rogers career but I was just going to miss him...

Roger sighed "this is my job, Helena. I would much rather stay with you, you know that".

"And you can't take me with you?" My voice cracked.
Roger shook his head "there's no room, we all have one bed". "I can sleep with you in one bed!" I offered. "The beds are miniscule, babe".

I frowned. I knew this was what Roger needed to do for the band but I was just not looking forward to missing him for like 9 days.

"I don't quite get why this is a problem for you" Roger sounded like he was struggling to keep calm.
"I'm going to fucking miss you!" I exclaimed "and what if some farmgirl comes up to you and-" I swallowed my words.

Roger slowly looked up "and what?" he was angry now.
"Nothing" I said quietly.
"No go on then, say it" Roger said.

I looked at my feet.

"Can't believe you don't trust me" Roger muttered to himself, shaking his head.