22 - Roomies

Lilly and Brian had went home. Roger, Freddie, Deaky and me were all kinda doing our own thing around the apartment.

I was laying with my back on Rogers bed, with my feet out the window. Deaky was playing with Rogers drumset and Roger was sitting in his deskchair with his writingbook. He looked up at me every once in a while but I pretended not to notice.
The sun was setting but it was still warm and the sounds of crickets and evening birds came through the window.

John sped up his little drum rhythm and banged the drums suddenly loudly. I tilted my head to him. Roger frowned "shush, John, calm it".
Deaky smirked.

Freddie was singing downstairs.

John's drums had gotten me out of my daze so I stood up and walked out the room, and down the stairs.
Freddie was pacing around with a concentrated look on his face, he was still singing...

"Life had just begun, but now...
but now I've gone and thrown it all... awayyy.
Mamaaa..."

I stopped and looked at him "wow Fred what song is that?"
Freddie looked at me and smiled "oh nothing, dear... Do you, want to stay for dinner?"
"Oh, I'd love to." I said.
"Fab" Freddie stated. He walked to the frigde "tonight we'll be having...

Crackers... ketchup... and anchovies...?
Godammit Roger I told you to get groceries!"

I laughed.
Roger came from downstairs, he swung around on the doorpost. "Do I hear my lovely roommate calling?" He said, overly sweet.
Fred put his hands in his hips "you can make fun of me you blonde fuck but we have nothing to eat".
Roger chuckled "calm down Fred I'll go get some stuff right now".
He put his jacket and sunglasses on, threw me my coat and put his arm around me "be back in a bit roomie".
Freddie shook his head "make it quick".

Roger closed the door behind us.
I looked at him "Freddie seemed upset" "yeah" Roger nodded "he likes to make a fuss about things, don't worry he doesn't mean it".
I put my arm around his torso. I slid my hand in his pocket and grabbed his hand.
We walked over the pavement while the sun slowly disappeared from the horizon.
I was slightly surprised when I saw that the store was still open.
We went inside.
Roger walked around the store getting different products and I wandered off.