8 - Getting caught

My phone rang, I picked it up
"Hello?"
"Helena you are the best thing that ever happened to queen, my darling!"
I held the device a little farther from my ear, Freddie was screaming
"because you told me Killer Queen was good, I played it to our producer last week and he published it!"
"Oh my god!" I squealed "that's amazing Freddie!"
"That's not the amazing part..." Freddie exclaimed "turn on your radio right now!"

I did, the tunes filled my room
"Gunpowder, gelatin, dynamite with a laser beam-".

I jumped up and down "Freddieee! You guys are one the radio!"

Later

Freddie had given me, his and Rogers address and I was on my way to their house right now.
He wanted to celebrate the succes of Killer Queen with the band, Lilly, me and Mary.
I had never met Mary before.

I came to the right address and knocked on the door. John opened with a brought smile and he greeted me with a hug.
I walked inside and saw the others. Freddie came running over to me "there she is! Helena, meet Mary".
Mary came walking over and spread her arms. I hugged her "nice to meet you Mary".
"Nice to meet you too" she smiled. "Mary is my girlfriend" Freddie explained.
I had to admit that I was slightly confused. I never really gave it much thought but if I had to guess, I'd think Freddie was gay...
I smiled at them nonetheless "that's great".
Brian pulled me from the circle "don't you hog her, Fred". He hugged me.
Freddie smirked "don't go all Roger on me now".
I noticed my cheeks warming up.
Lilly came over to me and hugged me as well "speaking of Roger, he's out buying beer right now, but he'll be back in a second".
"Alright" I mumbled trying to act as carelessly as possible.

"Will you show me around Freddie?" I turned to him.
"But of course, love!" Freddie took my hand and led me around "it's no castle but it'll do for now".

"This is the kitchen, oh, don't mind the mold dear, Roger just needs to clean up a bit that's all.
This is the staircase, watch your step for that loose plank. Alright.
This is Rogers bedroom... I wouldn't look at the posters, they're, quite graphic. A little messy in here, yes.
And this is, the best part: my room. Don't you love it darling?"
"It's great Fred" I said, looking around.

His room was colorful and actually not messy at all.
He had a big picture of a grey cat above his bed.

Freddie had sat down on his bed but jumped up again "alright now, let's go, can't keep my guests waiting".

He went downstairs.

I didn't wanna go just yet.
I quietly walked back and peeked in Rogers room. The window was open, his lightgrey curtains danced in the breeze.
I stepped inside. It smelled like him: aftershave, smoke and that signature guy-scent.
His white sheets were messily hurdled up and on the side of his bed layed an opened book.
I sat down at the bed.
In the corner of the room stood a drumset with three drumsticks laying randomly on the floor.
On his desk layed another drumstick, broken in half.
Also, like Freddie had said, there were posters. Two posters of two basically naked girl posing by cars.

I stood up and wanted to leave the room but as I did, the book fell off his bed.
I picked it up and... couldn't help but read the first sentence.

"Her voice is a bliss"

What?
I got consumed by his writing

"Her voice is a bliss
It's her that I miss
When I"

Then there were a couple crossed out lines and under that:

"My heart hasn't know love
Quite like this
Her voice
Is a bliss"

I heard the door close behind me. I jerked round.
Roger was standing in front of the closed door. Hands in his jeanpockets.

"I-" I stammered "I-"

He sighed.

I dropped the book "I'm so sorry, it just fell, I- I didn't read it!"
Which was a lie...

Roger walked over to me slowly, not breaking eye contact.
He swiped the book from the bed and closed it firmly.
He walked over to the door and opened it for me "don't go sneaking around in my room again".
He sounded so disappointed, my heart dropped.

I shuffled to the door, while passing him I stopped, looked up at him and softly said "I'm so sorry".
I put my hand on his shoulder.
He shrugged it off and motioned to the doorway.
I looked down and walked back to the living room.