40 - News II

"How sweet of you to... drop by" Freddie grinned. I chuckled and sat up right. I scooted to an empty space on the couch, next to Freddie, across from Roger.
Lilly, Deaky and Mary were there too.
Freddie and Brian quickly returned to giving out autographs.
Roger had stopped signing pictures to lean over the table and kiss me hello. He wanted to talk to me but an impatient fan tugged at his arm "Roger Taylor please!"
"Quite packed in here, isn't it?" I said trying to speak over the sound of the fans. Deaky nodded "um yes".
"Can't we go somewhere else?" Lilly asked.

It took about half an hour to get out of there. All the fans wanted Queens attention and the boys were too nice to just go leave them.
Eventually we succeeded though.

"Let's go back to my house" Lilly shouted and on our way we went.

Another 20 minutes later we were in Lillys room.
"Now I can say proper hello" Deaky smiled at me. I hugged him and the others. I whispered to Mary "have you told them yet?" Mary nodded.

Brian had picked up on our conversation and said "yes, that was quite the relief, but me and the boys have some other news".
"Ooh what??" Lilly asked.
Roger took the opportunity "yes we have discussed things with our manager. He wants us to create another album". "Fab!" Lilly and I said in unison.
Freddie continued Rogers story "he found us a cheap studio. It's... quite far from here actually. It's a distant farm with a big recording shed just for us".

I frowned a little, Freddie noticed it and nodded "yes Helena that means that your beloved boyfriend will be away from you for some time."
"Well so is mine" Mary mumbled "of course, darling" Freddie said, kissing her on her head.

"Well... that's great news guys" I said "I am gonna miss you though, all of you"
Brian patted my arm "we'll miss you too".
"When are you leaving?" I continued.
"In three days" Roger said, without looking at me.

That's pretty soon.