41 - Play the Game

Lilly pulled out some playing cards and very soon we were playing poker.
I had teamed up with Roger, cause I wasn't the best at that card game.

"How about you keep a straight face, love? You're giving it away" Rog said, slightly agitated. "Sorry" I said, quickly removing my grin.
Brian smirked "guess Rog has got a good hand?"
"Shut it" Roger mumbled "I'll raise with two..."

We kept playing and eventually Freddie layed a full house "Voilà!" he exclaimed.
"I almost had-" Roger yelled. He didn't finish his sentence he just threw his cards at Freddie.
"Roger!" Lilly slapped his arm "you're cleaning that yourself, you are!"
Freddie was still smug over his victory "Helena calm your man down, will you".
Roger played into it, pretending to faint "yes... I think I need mouth to mouth..."
Freddie stood up "if you say so". Roger ducked away "from Helena I meant you wanker!".
Roger grabbed me and pulled me into a kiss on the bed. The others moped
"Get a room!" "Not on my bed!" "Ew".

They started laughing and throwing cards at us.
The cards rained down but Roger and I didn't care.

Later:

"I ought to get home" Mary said getting her coat. "I'll walk you" Freddie offered. They left.

Roger, Lilly, Deaky, Bri and me were sitting on the floor. Roger leaned back and laid down "Lil, you got anything to drink?"
"Water." Lilly said dryly.
"Something... stronger maybe?" Roger said.
Lilly looked around the room "you guys want to?"
Brian nodded, "sure" I said and Deaky nodded eagerly.
So Lilly walked to the kitchen and came back with vodka and some type of pop.
Deaky reached for the vodka.

After a couple minutes Freddie came back "what the fuck, started drinking without me did you?" he said while sitting himself down between me and Roger. Roger glared at him but then handed him a glass.

"Thanks dear".