31 - Smoke II

I miss Roger

"Mom?" I asked hesitatingly "mom when will I not be grounded any more?"
My mom turned away from the stove "I don't know yet but it's gonna be at least two weeks".
I gulped. Two whole weeks!
"Really?" I asked, a crack in my voice. I was starting to get agitated. "Yes, Helena I do not tolerate a liar".
I wanted to protest but...
"Ugh, nevermind then"
I turned around and stomped to my room.

I opened the window and climbed up the windowsill.
I looked up to the dark nightsky, but there were no stars tonight...

I put my hand in my pocket and- I pulled it out. A cigarette. A cigarette was still in my pocket from Roger.
This made me miss him so much.

I played with it for a second, fiddling with my fingers.
Then I jumped back in my room and rummaged through my stuff to find a lighter.
My mom had to accept that I wasn't her cute little good girl anymore.
I was independent, dating a rockstar, bad and... I held up an old lighter; and a smoker. (For this one time at least).

I sat back in the windowsill and lit the cig like I had seen Roger do it countless amounts of times.
The stingy smoke penetrated my lungs. I blew away a cloud and watched the mesmerizing smoke swirl in the darkness.

I heard a twig snap below me and looked down.

"Rog!" I squealed. But then I quickly put my hand over my mouth. I had to be quiet.
"Could you scream any louder, love" Roger chuckled, his hands on his hips "what are you doing up there?".