Namjoon cleared his throat to think of something to make up.

"He got up to use the restroom and because it was late at night, he didn't see very well." The man began to write down every detail as Namjoon continued talking.

"I woke up to the sound of him shouting for help. He had fallen down the stairs and badly
Injured himself." Namjoon finished his sentence by adding additional information to the back story of how Seokjin got injured. Having gathered that information, the doctor went back to check up on how Seokjin was and if he had woken up or not.

Namjoon stayed in the waiting room, hoping he would be called soon to be able to see Seokjin.

"Kim Namjoon? Seokjin is awake now if you're ready to see him." Namjoon got up and followed the nurse in a heartbeat until she lead him to a bright, clean and sterilized room.

His heart was racing, as he walked over to Seokjin. The man was covering his mouth every now and then.

"We've asked him various questions but the man just won't respond to them." Namjoon raised his eyebrows at the doctor in front of him.

He knew why Seokjin didn't want to talk, he feared being judged by his fangs or even getting captured. So Namjoon spoke for him instead.

"The impact of the fall left him traumatized, he needs time to recover from it physically and mentally." The other doctor seemed to understand, and somewhat felt bad for Seokjin, so he just spoke with Namjoon and let the poor man rest.

"I'll be back to check on him later on." He left Namjoon alone in the room with Seokjin.

Namjoon gently caressed the man's hair.

"Na-amjoon-" He struggled to talk, even though Namjoon told him to just rest, the man didn't want to.

Namjoon allowed him to speak. He got closer to Seokjin, who gripped onto his arms tightly and nearly dug his nails into his back from the amount of force he put into the embrace he gave the doctor. This hug felt eternal, but it lasted for a few minutes. To Namjoon, this was more than just a regular hug, it was something serious.

Seokjin never hugs him this much. Namjoon felt the man's arms shaking as he held onto him.

"N-amjoon... Namjoon..." His mood suddenly changed and things took a turn for the worse when Namjoon noticed blood was coming out of Seokjin's mouth again.

He was experiencing shortness of breath, yet that didn't stop him from babbling, trying to come up with sentences the best he could.

"Shh, shh, stop talking. Please, let me go get help!" Namjoon got up but Seokjin held onto him violently, with more force. Namjoon wasn't afraid of Seokjin's sudden behavior, he was afraid of losing him.

"Seokjin, let me call the doctors. You're bleeding again and you could be having another seizure-" Seokjin didn't let the man go. He kept him in his arms until Namjoon gave in and stayed in his arms as he wanted.

"Namjoon, I'm... Sorry.... For the trouble I caused you." The man stuttered, becoming more and more desperate for air each time.

Namjoon tried to stay composed but seeing Seokjin like this made him feel sick to his stomach and it was hard for him to hold back on crying. He wasn't the type to cry for just anything, but seeing his lover struggling to say a simple word, gasping for air, just made him feel so frightened and upset.

"I- I never... Loved Joowon... I would never cheat on you. Nam- Namjoon, I'm not- I'm not asking for your forgiveness. I'm just thankful. I'm very thankful for- For everything that y...
you have done for me up to now. Now... You won't have to worry so much anymore." His inaudible laughter caused Namjoon to furrow his eyebrows out of confusion.

"This isn't over yet, Seokjin. I'm going to take you home, I'm going to help you heal, and I'll protect you against everyone." Hearing Namjoon's words made Seokjin struggle harder with his speech as tears brimmed from the corner of his eyes, blurring his vision again.

Namjoon was now wiping the man's tears away, feeling his heart sink deeper and deeper.

"Namjoon, thank you for making my wish come true." The doctor was confused.

"What do you mean by wish? What wish, sweetheart?" He asked.

"In... The h- hospital when they were going to... Kill me, I asked the nurse to let me talk to you before dying. My wish came true after all." Seokjin's deep voice was slowly fading away as his breathing decreased.

"Seokjin. Hey, don't close your eyes. Baby, you have to stay strong." Namjoon felt Seokjin loosen his tight grip on him.

"Farewell, my love."

Seconds later, his heart monitor started to beep loudly, showing a single line.

Seokjin's heart had stopped.

Namjoon quickly started to perform CPR on the man, and began to pump his chest with his hands. He checked for a pulse, listened carefully for any breathing, and there was simply nothing but Seokjin's lifeless body lying down on the hospital bed.

"Help! Somebody help me!" Namjoon gave in and started begging for help. In a matter of seconds, the room was filled up with respiratory therapists, who were draining the blood out of Seokjin's mouth, while the rest of the doctors activated the defibrillators.

~~~

Namjoon was later on informed by one of the doctors that Seokjin had passed away.