Chapter 21 - Burn

"And how many times did they fall out the window?" You smirk up at Sherlock who's eyes were following the ambulance.

"I'm not sure inspector..."

"We lost count," you hold back a laugh, heading back inside, Sherlock following close behind. "Wasn't that eventful?" You both look at each other for a while before bursting into laughter.

~Months Later~

You had just finished work and decided to stop by the store for a favor. You relax as the familiar smell hits you. "Tom?" The sliding of woods hits a stop, tom hops off the ladder making his way towards you.

"Hey, Y/n, what can I do for you?"

"I was wondering if you can help me with some books I don't need anymore,"

"Sure. Where are they?" He grabs his coat and slips it on.

"At my flat, Sherlock and John are on a case, I think," Tom holds open the door for you. After a bit, you reach the flat. You fumble with your keys and trudge upstairs with Tom behind. You didn't expect them to be back so were confused to why there was movement upstairs. "Hold on..." You take out the gun you carried around and held it by your side. Slowly the both of you reach 221b and thankfully see the two boys and... Miss Adler?

"I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice." You blush at the scene and look up at Tom who had the same reaction.

"John, please can you check those flight schedules; see if I'm right?" His eyes stayed on Irene. Not noticing the two new spectators.

"Uh-huh. I'm on it, yeah." John's hand skim quickly over the laptop.

"Um... we'll just uh..." Sherlock looks up, and Irene turns around getting a good glimpse before you quickly dismiss both you and Tom. John looks up with a tint before carrying on. There was a short continuation of mumbling, Tom set to grab boxes he had seen by your door. "That shelf there is what you can take,"

"Alright," He grabbed books and placed them neatly in the boxes, you did the same before he stopped and snickered. "Look what we have here..." He holds up a black book covered in red hearts with one single word written across it;

𝒟𝒾𝒶𝓇𝓎

How subtle... "Tom... put it down," You warn. He slowly undoes the golden string around it with a grin on his face.

"Why should I?" You rush towards him, quickly, he bolts through the door behind him and rushes down the stairs.

"Tom! Give it back!" You dash down the stairs catching up with him. Taking a leap you land on his back causing you both to tumble. He lands first and you after, on top. You both laugh, as he was laughing you grab your book and hide it behind your back.

"No fair!" He chuckles and grabs your arms flipping you around. "HA!" Now you were pouting. Your faces were close... inches apart... his eyes trailed to your lips and yours to his. They were about to meet when-

"Ehem..." Your eyes widen and regrettably look to the left. There stood Irene, Sherlock, behind her and John at the table staring. "How adorable," She tilts her head to the left and grins. Tom gets off you in a hurry then excuses himself upstairs. "Go on..." You follow in suit and grab the nearest box to the door.

~~~

The last box landed on the ground the books inside ready to be sorted "So when do I get to read this treasure?" He holds up the diary again, you grimace at what lay written on the pages.