Chapter 6 - Mr. Ewert's a liar

Edited

"The car was hired yesterday morning by an Ian Monkford. Banker of some kind; City boy. Paid in cash." You turn to see John and Sherlock again. "Told his wife he was going away on a business trip, but he never arrived."

"You're still hanging around him?" You see Donovan walk towards John. You only met her once but she seemed a bit off.

"Yeah, well..." 

"Opposites attract, I suppose." You chuckle at this and start to walk up to them.

"No, we're not..."

"You should get yourself a hobby – stamps, maybe. Model trains. Safer." You were confused at what she meant by "safer".

"What do you mean by safer?" Donovan turns to you and smirks.

"Well, newbie, Sherlock over here is a bit of a freak," at this, your face turned to an angry expression. Fury boiled in you. Your temper rose. You raised your hand but before you could Sherlock rushed from Lestrade's side to you and stood there in front of you

"What are you doing?" You said gritting your teeth. You stood there glaring at Sally. realizing what was happening you closed your eyes. Calm down (Y/N) don't do anything you'll regret 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11...

"Donovan, I advise you to walk away and spend your last moments with Anderson before his wife returns home... again," He said calmly. At this point, you had calmed down and Sherlock's grip had loosened. 

"You should really pick another cologne," You said turning your back. "And check your knees," You sigh and walk away.

"What the hell? Now there are two freaks" You could have been overreacting but you just couldn't take it. You turn around pushing Sherlock out the way.

"Why you MOTHER- Mffper" Sherlock had covered your mouth.

"(Y/N), calm down, its fine, I'm used to it," You looked into his eyes immediately calming down. He took his hand away... You were still fuming but you held your breath. 

"What's going on?" Greg, who you've gotten to know over a short period of time, walked up to you. Him not realizing what had happened.

"Nothing," You smiled and shot a glare at Donovan before she walked away. You sigh and walk over to the car. "Before you ask, yes, it's Monkford's blood. The DNA checks out."

"No body?"

"No,"

"Get a sample sent to the lab," You nod and walk to an officer telling him to send this off. You walk towards the car collecting bits of evidence which was little to none, when you saw the detective walk up to Mrs. Monkford.

"Mrs. Monkford?"

"Yes," She looked at him with tears in her eyes. Something about her crying was off. Like it was... fake? You decided to ignore it. "Sorry, but I've already spoken with two policemen."

"No, we're not from the police; we're..." But John was interrupted by Sherlock who was... crying? This is one weird scene.

"Sherlock Holmes. A very old friend of your husband's. We, um... we grew up together" A tear running down his face. You decided to ignore this scene by collecting a few bits and pieces but nothing seemed to be there.

"Oh, well, that was Ian! That was Ian all over!"

"No, it wasn't." Mrs. Monkford replied slightly confused. Suddenly Sherlock stopped crying and stood up straight

"Wasn't it? Interesting," You were very much confused by what was happening. 

"Sherlock? Why were you lying to her?"