Chapter 2 - Ordinary people would be scared

After you leave, John stays longer instead of leaving straight away. So Sherlock was in his room for a while even if he thought it was for 5 minutes. Ok? Just making sure.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

You walk into the small café. It was empty and you liked it that way (I mean it was night). You walked up to the counter and started looking at your options. blueberry muffins, cinnamon rolls, peanut butter paninis, croissants, donuts, sandwiches and many more you wanted to get the lot! somehow you were able to choose just one. "Hi, I'll get a (F/F) and a (F/D),"

"Sure thing, that'll be £4.50," The barista said.

"Sure one sec..." You started to rummage in your pockets through change trying to find that £10 note. "Here you go,"

"Thank you, your drink will be ready soon," She gives you your change and you sit down. As you wait you hear the bell of the café ring. A well-dressed man walks in. He had dark brown lifeless eyes his hair was slicked back perfectly with a bored expression on his face. he was handsome, mysterious, sexy... snap out of it! You were bored and very curious so you thought why not try to deduce this mystery man? Ok suit, Westwood obviously, so, wealthy. Businessman, but what type? In this part of town? At this time? Most likely a criminal. Gang leader? No. Mafia? No way. Corrupt businessman? Why is the man so hard to read?! "Miss? Miss?!"

"W-what? Oh!" You turn to see the cashier holding your drink and the very handsome man in front of you. "S-sorry," You stand up to get your drink and snack then walk out the door. As you walk down the street you feel as though you're being followed. You stop to 'tie your shoe'. you kneel down and take out your phone and put your camera on selfie mode to see if anyone was behind you. Your gut had been right, there was a man with a beard and baggy clothes a few meters away from you, just standing there watching you. You pick up your things and start to walk away at a faster pace. After a while, you felt a sudden presence behind you. As if in slow motion you see hands from the side of your face. You duck and spin around and there he was the junkie from before he had a grimacing smirk on his face. His teeth were a tawny color, beard filled with god knows what and don't forget he's covered head to toe in dirt.

"Hello there, love. Whats a lovely lady like yourself doing in the streets at this time?"

"Just to get some food," You turn to leave but are grabbed by the wrist. "Hey! L-let me g-go," You were visibly scared but tried to remain as calm as possible.

"How 'bouts you come with me, eh?" You were utterly disgusted. His grip tightened. You wanted to run, get out of there, but you just couldn't. You were frozen in place.

"How about you let her go?" You heard an Irish accent from behind the Junkie.

"And what if I don't? You gon' do? Sue me?"

"Not quite," And in one swift move, the man from the café got the junkie on his knees groaning in pain. He smirked and faced towards you. He held out his hand and you took it. Close up you could smell cologne, mint and... Gunpowder. So he's a criminal? So gang leader? WHY IS THIS SO CONFUSING?! You thought. "Need a ride home?" but before you could answer he held up his hand and caught the junkies fist hurling at him. It was like out of a movie, you're mouth dropped. He twisted to his right and uppercut the druggy leaving him on the floor half knocked out and groaning "Close your mouth, darling." He pushed your chin up closing your mouth snapping you out of thought. "So? Would you like me to take you home?" You nod, hesitant of the sudden good deed, would it have been safer to walk home?

"So where is your car?" as if on cue a sleek black car pulls up and he opens up the door for you.

"After you," You smile in return and enter the car. He gets in through the other side. You then tell him the address and he seems a bit happy? About your address if that made sense. There is an awkward silence until he breaks the silence "You know... ordinary people would be scared,"

"Well, getting into a car with a criminal isn't always-" You catch yourself and turn to him slowly to see him for the first time making other than bored face or sadistic smirk. He looked shocked.

"How did you know?" he says turning back to face the front of the car.

"G-gunpowder,"

"What else?"

"Not mafia and not a gang leader,"

"Consulting criminal,"

"Consulting? Like Sherlock Holmes?"

"I guess you could say that,"

During this whole exchange, you couldn't help but notice he wasn't phased at all by your observation. "You are surprisingly calm about me knowing who you are," All he did was smirk.

"You're different," He just looks at you and smiles, not with his mouth but with his eyes. You felt like you've known him for years. Like you've seen him before. "We're here,"

"Oh! Yes, thank you," You gather your now cold drink (If your (F/D) was something cold then just say "watered down") and (F/F) and open the door. "Oh, my name's (Y/N), if you wanted to know,"

"Jim," That sounded familiar to you. Jim, hmm. I hope it'll come to me soon.

"I hope to see you again, Jim,"

"I hope so too, Y/n..." You close the car door and you see it drive away. You sigh and walk into 221 hoping to get some type of rest.

~~~

Love you guys!!

- Anna ❤️