Chapter 11 - A new face

~Months and months later~

It was another boring afternoon. No cases. Nothing to do at work. Musical block was annoying. You've read every book in the entire building! Including Mrs. Hudson's cooking books... You tried to play Cluedo with Sherlock and John but it ended with Sherlock flipping over the table. Even Mycroft came over, you played Chess, which ended with Mycroft flipping the board over, he left a little while after, you played a few other games but it was so boring! You stand up and put on your shoes "I'm going to the bookstore, anybody wants to join me?" John just shakes his head as he picks up the fallen pieces.

"Me," Sherlock stands up and puts on his coat and scarf. You grab your coat as well and open the door of the flat.

"Remember to get the milk," John sighed

"Alright, see you later, John," you walk down the stairs and exit the front door, getting hit with cold wind immediately. You shiver and wrap your coat tighter around yourself as you and the curly haired detective walk side by side chatting till you reached the bookstore you always go to. Sherlock opens the door to the store "Thanks,"

Entering the store you're hit with a lingering smell of lavender. The bright floral decor makes you smile as you walk to the sitting area by the ladder leading up to the second floor. Doilies scatter the furniture as you pick up a book left in the chair. You hear the faint scuttle of heels approach the closed door. It opens to reveal the shop owner "(Y/N)! Nice to see you again, dear," She was a short old lady who seemed to love anything floral, hence her decor and clothing.

"Nice to see you too, Martha," You give her a hug, she walked around the desk and picked up her purse.

"Sorry dear, but I got to go," She took out her keys, she looked up at the two of you. "Is this Sherlock Holmes?" She asked, very much intrigued by the man standing before her.

"Yup! Sherlock, meet Martha," He shakes her hand as she puts on her coat. "Where you off to?" You asked.

"Well I'm off to the shops, Tom will help you out," She looks around for Tom and sighs "Thomas!" You hear the sliding of wood as a man emerges from the corner of the shop on another sliding ladder.

"Yes?" Tom asks looking over his shoulder. He had dusty blonde hair with piercing blue and green eyes. His accent was light but rich. He was wearing a white button up with the first button unbuttoned. (to give you an idea he looks like Tom Hiddleston)

"I'll be out for a while, dear, help (Y/N) or Sherlock out if they need help," With that, she left the store the door closing behind her. Tom jumped off the ladder an approached you. He moved his shaggy hair out of his eyes.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Thomas, Thomas Smith, but you can call me Tom" He shakes your hand as he smiles, his pearl white teeth showing. You couldn't deny he was charming and damn right beautiful. He let go of your hand to shake Sherlocks. "Mr. Holmes, big fan! Say, can you try to read me?" He asked rather excited. Sherlock looks at him for a while...

"Well, you have a mother who passed and a father who left, you work here because you are in debt. You have no siblings, you were adopted at age 14 when your mother passed, by an old lady who later passed leaving you in foster- no, it left you homeless, now you're here working for her sister," You smirk and turn to Sherlock.

"Father passed, mother left," Sherlock looked at you confused "Dear me, Mr. Holmes do I have to correct you every time ?" You chuckle slightly and point at Tom's pocket "Wallet, initials, G.S. for George Smith , I presume?" Tom smiles at you and nods. Sherlock chuckles and shakes his head.

"Cocky as ever, (Y/N)," he says in a monotone voice, hints of a smirk creeping up

"I try," You smile as Tom roles up his sleeves.