Chapter 3 - Music

As you walk up the stairs you start to hear a violin play... Ave Maria. You loved that composition from Bach. You start to ascend the stairs humming to the tune. Reaching the flat you stand in the doorway of 221B, still humming to the tune.

"A fan of Bach?" you hear Sherlock say, still playing the violin.

"Yes, better than Niccolò Paganini," He suddenly hits the wrong note and turns on his heel to face you.

"You're joking,"

"I'm not, I'd rather listen to four seasons than listen to Paganini," You put down your drink and snack and turn to him.

"I'm offended," You could see the slightest smirk creeping up. "Niccolò Paganini is obviously superior,"

"What about Camille Saint-Saens?"

"Mediocre, not a fan but a few have been exceptional, like Danse Macabre,"

"Richard Wagner?"

"Highly overrated!"

"Finally! Someone that agrees!"

"Tchaikovsky?"

"Few favorites, not many, but a fair few,"

"Do you know Concerto No. 3 in G major?"

"Of course,"

"Splendid, one second," You run upstairs to your flat and grab your Violin and rush downstairs. You haven't played a duet in years! So you were obviously excited.

"You play the violin?" Sherlock asked now sitting in his chair.

"No... I just carry around a violin for show(!)," The amount of sarcasm hurt. "Of course I can play!"

"Just the Violin?"

"Violin, Cello, Viola, Harp, Guitar, Ukulele, Bass guitar, and Piano," You loved instruments but mostly string. You dreamed about being a composer when you were young until you started your interest in forensic science. "Let's play!" And with that, you and Sherlock played till 12 and bonded over classical preference till 2 am.

~~~

Sherlock's POV.

"And that's why I think Dvořák is underrated," I finish. I turn to look at (Y/N) and see her asleep in fetus position in John's chair. Am I that boring to listen to? I check the time to see that it's 2 am. "Or that could be why," I walk over to her and pick her up bridal style and walk to my room down the hall. I open the door with my foot and set her on the bed. She looks so peaceful...how dull. I turn on my heel and walk out of the room.

"No... get away," I start to hear her mumble. She tosses and turns, then bolts upright gasping for air. A nightmare.

"Hey its ok," I sit back down on my bed as she cuddles up next to me. I stiffen up for a second then relax. I can feel her shaking what was she dreaming of? I stroke her hair calming her down.

Your POV

"No! GET AWAY!" I start to run away from the junkie but I don't seem to move. He gets closer and closer and then- gasping for air I start to calm myself slowly, breathing heavily.

"Hey its ok," I hear someone say. Sherlock. He sits on the bed and I hesitantly wrap my arms around him. Slowly I felt soothed and calmed down. Out of every nightmare that you could of had... why this?

Sherlocks POV

"Can you stay with me?" I hear her ask. "You don't have to-" I wanted to say no... but I couldn't. Damn, sentiment.

"Of course," I lay next to her I was uncomfortable not knowing what to do. I shifted till I was in a comfortable position but still felt an uneasy feeling in my stomach. I couldn't pinpoint what it was but decided to let it go.

"Thank you, Sherlock," she says as she starts to drift off into a deep sleep. After a while, I start to drift off myself.

Hey guys! Sorry for a short chapter! >-< I'll make it up to you for a longer chapter next time, ok? How does a 1500 word chapter sound? LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

❤️❤️❤️❤️

❤️Author say bye bye❤️