Chapter 15 - The Americans?

It had been an awkward while when you heard heels approach the room. Sherlock and you had taken your coats off and sat down. You on an armchair on one side of the room and Sherlock on the couch on the other, minding your own business. The heels clicking on the marble grew louder as a woman entered the room.

"Hello. Sorry to hear that you've been hurt. I don't think Kate caught your name." Only when hearing her voice you turned around.

"I'm so sorry. I'm..." Sherlock stopped mid-sentence, his jaw dropping slightly.

"Oh, it's always hard to remember an alias when you've had a fright, isn't it?" She stands directly in front of him, straddling his legs and half-kneeling on the sofa, then reaches forward and pulls the white dog collar from his shirt collar. "Mr. Sherlock Holmes," she smirks.

"Miss Adler, I presume."

"Look at those cheekbones. I could cut myself slapping that face. Would you like me to try?" This made your blood boil. You played a scenario in your head where you ripped her face off but let's keep that to yourself.

She lifts the dog collar to her mouth and bites down onto the edge of it. As Sherlock stares up at her in confusion, John walks into the room carrying a bowl of water and a fabric napkin. His eyes are lowered to the bowl to avoid spilling its contents.

"Right, this should do it..." He stops dead in the doorway as he lifts his eyes and sees the scene in front of him. Irene looks round to him, the dog collar still in her teeth. John looks at her awkwardly, then down at the bowl before looking up again. "I've missed something, haven't I?"

"Please, sit down," She steps back from Sherlock, who fidgets uncomfortably on the sofa as she spots you and approaches. "Now who is this?" She places her fingers under your chin and pushes up to make you stand. She walks around you, observing every inch of you. Head to toe, front and back.

"Y/n, Y/n L/n,"

"Ahh, so you're Y/n..." She leans back a bit, biting her tongue. "I can see why he likes you so much..." This part she whispers, now behind you, you hearing it only causing you to blush. "Oh, if you'd like some tea I can call the maid." She turns around and struts to the armchair across from you.

"I had some at the palace," You raise a brow at John who was still staring at Miss Adler. She sits and crosses her legs, folding her arms gracefully to obscure the view of her chest.

"Clearly," They stare silently at each other for several seconds, weighing each other up. You look at them awkwardly.

John finally speaks up "I had a tea, too, at the Palace, if anyone's interested," Sherlock's eyes were fixed on her obviously trying to deduce her. He then turns to John and deduces him, now back to Miss Adler, eyes narrowing... he frowns.

You look between the two, seeing what happened "You can't deduce her..." You glance at Sherlock who was also looking at you, see if you could. You now too narrow your eyes at her, now glancing at Sherlock you shake your head.

"D'you know the big problem with a disguise, Mr. Holmes?" He quirks his brow at her "However hard you try, it's always a self-portrait."

"You think I'm a vicar with a bleeding face?"

"No, I think you're damaged, delusional and believe in a higher power. In your case, it's yourself," You look over at John who was still standing uncomfortably. "Oh, and somebody loves you. Why, if I had to punch that face, I'd avoid your nose and teeth too," You look over at John and snicker. He forces a laugh.

"Could you put something on, please? Er, anything at all... A napkin?" He gestures to the napkin on the bowl.

"Why? Are you feeling exposed?" You roll your eyes as Sherlock stands up.

"I don't think John knows where to look." He picks up his coat, shakes it out and holds it out towards Miss Adler. Ignoring him for the moment, she stands up and walks closer to John, who rolls his head uncomfortably and forces himself to maintain eye contact with her and not to let his eyes wander lower.

"No, I think he knows exactly where." She turns to Sherlock and puts on his coat. Your phone rings as the song 'Stayin' Alive' by the Bee Gees plays and you look down at the caller ID.

Jim Moriarty 😘

You roll your eyes and sigh, not caring how he changed his contact name. Everyone turns to you, Miss Adler smirking, Sherlock narrowing his eyes and John with a slightly frightened and angered look on his face. "M-mind if I get this?"

"Not at all," She says smirking at Sherlock. You get up and put on your coat grabbing the phone and opening the door. You see Miss Adler mouth 'Tell him I say hi' and wink. You walk out the door, the song still playing. Closing the door you answer.

"What do you want?"

Dinner with you

"Mm, anything else?" You open the front door and walk outside.

So is that a yes?

"Nope,"

What do I have to do to make you say yes?

"Beg," You smirk.

Pretty please?

"Hmmmm nope"

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

"Maybe..."

If you say yes I'll buy you a trench coat like the one that angel has on that show you like so much...

"Yes! Ok, I'll go!"

Perfect! Be ready tonight at 7, a dress will be at your flat when you get home. Goodbye, my dear

"Bye, oh and Miss Adler says hi,"

Irene? You've met her? That's great...

You could hear the sarcasm dripping off his tongue. "Bye,"

Bye

You ended the call and stuffed your phone in your pocket, breathing in the cold air. Your head turned back, hearing the beeping of a fire alarm. Running in you saw men with guns rush down the stairs all eyes on John. The doors shut as the last thing you saw was the calm look of fear in Johns' face.

~~~

You had approached the room hearing muffled sounds when the clicking of a gun behind you made you freeze. You raised your hands above your head and turned around "Evening," the giant of a man put the gun to your forehead and told you to turn around "American? Interesting..."

You walked forwards as the man opened the door and forced you in... there were three other men holding a gun towards each person. Sherlock stood there hands on a safe as he turned around and saw you. The safe clicked and you knew that there was something wrong. "Vatican cameos,"

You smirk as the sound of a silent gunshot filled the room. You spin around and knock the agent back, causing him to stumble, taking this opportunity you make his knees buckle and kick his side as his head smashes into the open door. Grabbing the gun you lean down as he grunts. You smack him with the back of the gun, knocking him out.

~~~

You open up the front door and walk out with Sherlock and John following behind. "We should call the police," John puffed and stood to your right looking both ways.

"Yes, we should," you raise the handgun above your head and fire 5 times. The empty shells dropped on the marble floor as the screeching of tires filled the air. You smile and head back in. "There."

"For Gods sake!" John shouts, letting go of his ears.

"Oh come one, John, it's quick," Sherlock smiles and follows you in.

You and John agreed to see if there were any left down in the kitchen after seeing that the red headed woman was out cold on the ground.

~~~

Now that was fun huh? See ya next time!!!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️