Chapter 14 - The 44th house

Just a few days have passed when Sherlock asked for you to accompany him and John on a case. There was tension still lurking in the air between you and Sherlock. When not so subtle sideglances were caught, blushes were prominent on both sides. This being one of the first times that you had gone on a case with the pair, you were determined to solve it... whatever it was.

Sherlock said or rather texted to wait in front of Speedy's. So, there you were waiting in the cold for Sherlock and John to arrive, just after work. Exiting 221b was the two men, John and Sherlock, who walked up to you. "Thanks for joining us, Y/n," John said as Sherlock went to catch a cab.

~~~

The duration of the ride was spent in silence, though the ride wasn't as long as you expected, it still felt very awkward. Only once was a side glance caught causing you to blush and look out the window, not looking back for the rest of the time. "So what's the plan?" John asked.

"We know her address..."

"What, just ring her doorbell?"

"Exactly," This exchange of words didn't make sense to you, asking wasn't an option as Sherlock calls out to the cabbie to stop "Just here, please," You take out money, knowing to pay for the cab ride.

"You didn't even change your clothes."

"Then it's time to add a splash of colour" Sherlock smirked and got out of the cab, followed by you and John. Going down a narrow alley, Sherlock takes off his scarf.

"Are we here?"

"Here? Where are we going?-"

"Two streets away but this'll do," Sherlock interrupts you.

"For what?" John asks seemingly as confused as you are.

"Punch me in the face," He says, gesturing to his own left cheek.

"Punch you?" You were so confused as to why he would want John to punch him.

"Yes. Punch me, in the face," Again he gestures to his left cheek "Didn't you hear me?"

"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext." You snicker as Sherlock sighs in frustration.

"Oh, for God's sakes, Y/n, you do it," Your left eyebrow raises as you back up as he leans down for you to punch him.

"No, I can't," You shrug and stuff your hands in your side pockets. Sighing, Sherlock takes a swing at John hitting him right in the jaw. "Sherlock!"

"Ow!" John grabs his jaw, steadying himself as Sherlock stands up straight waiting for the punch. The scene unfolds in front of you as you realize John is taking it too far. Sherlock is doubled over with John on his back half–strangling him.

"Okay! I think we're done now, John." John's face was contorted with pent-up anger and frustration. Sherlock struggles to get him off so you jump in to help pull John off.

"You wanna remember, Sherlock, I was a soldier. I killed people," He huffed.

"You were a doctor!" Sherlock grunted

"I had bad days!" John shouted.

~~~

After going over the plan, you placed your hand on Sherlock's shoulder as he pressed the buzzer of the 44th house. A female voice answered the buzzer as Sherlock whimpered slightly "Ooh! Um, sorry to disturb you. Um, I've just been attacked, um, and, um, I think they ... they took my wallet and, um, and my phone. Umm, please could you help me?"

You hear a slight held back giggle as she answers back "I can phone the police if you want,"

"Thank you, thank you! Could you, please?" He steps back as you continue in character "Oh, would you ... would you mind if I just waited here, just until they come? Thank you. Thank you so much." Holding a handkerchief to his cheek you wait for the women to buzz you in.

You and John enter to see a ginger haired women in a white blouse and black skirt lean against a marble table "I – I saw it all happen. It's okay, I'm a doctor. She is my assistant," John explains, pointing to you. The woman nods "Is there a first aid kit?"

"In the kitchen," She looks at you both and points to a room "Please,"

"Thank you," You say and help Sherlock into the room as the lady leads John to the kitchen.

~~~

Hoped you guys liked that!
Swipe down for Pt.2!!!