Chapter 10 - Together

It has been a few days since the whole incident at the pool... You may have overreacted a bit afterward but you just couldn't face them again. You had no one to talk to, Molly didn't know what happened... You didn't think she would like to know her ex-boyfriend was the worlds only consulting criminal, just to keep her safe you chose not to tell her anything. You still lived in 221a but left early every morning, you avoided the cafe you and Jim met at, Greg's office, St. Barts, even the streets near your old school. Sherlock stopped knocking at your door, even John stopped. Mrs Hudson came over for tea every week but that was it. Molly only came over sometimes but that was rare. The most you hear from Jim was from the notes he left with a rose. Those stopped too. Your mind often drifted off to the nights of "Are you ok?"'s and "Sorry"'s which ended with your "Yes I'm fine"'s or just your silence.

"(Y/N), are you ok? Sherlock and I are worried about you,"

"(Y/N), I'm sorry... Come on out... please..."

"(Y/N) dear, Sherlock and John are worried for you,"

"(Y/N)? It's me Molly, are you alright?"

Dear (Y/N),

I'm sorry about everything... meet me at the Cafe... please...

- Jim Moriarty x

All that stopped... You sigh and pick up your violin and continue to compose.

*Knock Knock*

"I'm fine! I know you're sorry! Just leave me alone!" You shout, you didn't know why you were suddenly fed up but you were.

"Is that what you usually say?" A voice says from behind. A voice you haven't heard yet.

"What do you want?" You ignore Jim and put your violin down.

"I want to make sure you're alright, (N/N)," You felt him get closer.

"I am," You say sternly

"Now we both know that's a lie,"

"And?! Who cares?! Seriously, Jim! Who cares?!

"I do," You turn around and see him staring back. You hear footsteps come up the stairs and the sound of a gun cocking.

"Moriarty..."

"Hey there, Virgin, come to cherish that look of surprise on my face?" Sherlock's cheeks turn a bright shade of pink from the nickname. "I'll see you later, (Y/N),"

"I don't think so, Moriarty," Sherlock moves closer.

"Sherlock... It's fine..." You move towards the door "Come on, Jim," You see Jim smirk at Sherlock, triumph written on his face. "Wipe that look off your face, Jim," His face falls as Sherlock smirks. "Come on," You walk him down to the door. Jim looks up the stairs to see if Sherlock followed.

"I'm sorry," He kisses your cheek and walks out the door. The door closes and you turn to see a tall figure standing at the top of the staircase. Sherlock turns around and stomps up the stairs. Was he jealous? You sigh and walk up the stairs, ignoring the thought. You walk to the entrance of the flat 221B and look around for the detective, hoping to talk.

"Sherlock?" No answer. "Sherlock?" You say a bit louder. Still no answer. You sigh and walk into the flat, you look in the kitchen to see that your old experiments were still there. You see his closed door and approach it. You try to open it but it's locked, sighing you turn around and slump on the floor. "Sherlock... I'm sorry," you turn your head to the right, putting your ear up to the door, trying to hear any movement. Any at all. Nothing. "Come on, Sherlock! What more do you want from me? An explanation? I didn't know he was there! I didn't invite him in, I didn't want him to come, I didn't expect him to..." You stand up and turn to the door. "I'm sorry," you turn but hear the door unlock. The door opens and you see Sherlock, you were about to speak but he pulls you close and... hugs you (Ha y'all thought he'd kiss you! I'm such a nice author)

"(Y/N)!" You turn around to see John standing there with groceries.

"John, I'm sorry-"

"Don't be," he drops the bags and hugs you. It was nice to have them back. It really was.

~~~

You owe Jim, you really do. If he hadn't come over you'd still be locking yourself up in your flat or avoiding everything that reminded you of them. You haven't seen Jim since but you hoped he was alright.

~~~

That's the end... for now!
I love you all!!!!

❤️❤️❤️❤️