Chapter 20: I..um like your..nose

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

I was digging myself a hole with all the lies. I knew some of them knew about Cayden helping me with Hayley but some of the details to the King's Plan was kept secret. I had no real reply so I looked at Cayden. She gave me a 'what do you want' look and I gave her a 'help me' face.

"Shut up, Riley." She deadpanned eating a skittle.
"That's not nice I'm just asking. You two have been acting extremely weird lately." Riley questioned.
"I'm tired of your questions, one day you will have answer but not today." Cayden sighed.
"But what if I want answers nowww."
"I would tell you grow a pair."

They kept going at each other until Cole turned up and made the situation even worst.

"But Cayden, we know there is something going on." He winked at her.
She rolled her eyes, "Shut up, there is nothing going on. I feel like I'm having deja vu."

Luckily, Mya came and saved us, which I never thought I'd say. She told us we'd be supervising the public swimmers and she would give us swimsuits to look like lifeguards.

The girls and boys parted ways to get changed. I was worried whilst we were alone the boys would ask me about Cayden. I swifly changed into the shorts Mya gave and was horrified at how tight it was. They weren't speedo's but they only came a quarter down my leg. They were so tight they outlined everything.

I timidly walked out and covered my area with my hands subtly. I crept to a locker, to put my stuff inside, when suddenly Jacob came out of nowhere and screamed "BOO!".

"You scared me." I put my hand on my chest to feel my heart racing unbelievably fast.
"You don't say. But why were you creeping like that?"
"Umm... no reason in particular..."
"Shit dude but you are packing it." Jacob exclaimed loudly.

I knew what he was talking about but I didn't want to engage a conversation about it. I laughed nervously and hoped he would get the memo.

"Like seriously, I can see why Mya has been making doe eyes at you for the whole time, it even makes me uncomfortable.
"Ignore her, I try to. She's clingy and too old."
"Well look at you, rejecting the ladies already. I get you, you have your perfect match already." He raised an eyebrow.
"Please don't start I had to deal with this earlier. I don't know why every says there's something going on between us."
"Because you two are so cute and it seems like you flirt with each other. You both deny your inevitable feelings."

We walked towards the pool and I stayed silent dwelling on Jacob's words. Before I knew it, I'd said something that I didn't think about.

"I think I like Cayden." I covered my mouth quickly hoping Jacob didn't hear me.
Jacob stopped walking and put his arm out to stop me from walking too, "You what?!"
"N-n-nothing..."
"No, what did you say? You like-"
I covered his mouth before he finished, "I don't. It was a joke... haha.."
"You need to stop being scared and tell her. I'm happy for you man, someone needs to reel her in." Jacob laughed.
"S-stop, I didn't mean to say that. I was just... I don't know. I'm confused."

Jacob sighed heavily and looked around, "Look she's over there with Taylor I suggest you go up there and sweet talk her. Tell her she's pretty, she's funny, she looks sexy. Then kiss her and BAM she's yours."

I stared at her longingly and my head going crazy with thoughts. I couldn't bring myself to say anything to her. I honestly knew I didn't like Hayley but some part of me was stringing onto her.

"Hey, focus, you can do it. I will take Taylor away so you can be alone. Let's go."

Not letting me rethink my decision he dragged me along with him. I still tried to cover myself while we fast walked across the pool. Cayden and Taylor both looked at us strangely as we rushed towards them. Cayden and Taylor had a basic red swimsuit but the bottom of Cayden's were shorts. Jacob abandoned me and Cayden just gave me a small smile. I sat beside her and winced at how cold it was.

"So what was that about?" She questioned.
"I think he had to tell her something. But I wanted to tell you that you looked... that you looked... cute." I slightly whispered staring at my feet.
She was quiet, "Noah, what are you talking about?"
"I just said you looked cute..." I felt my heart thud in my ears.
"Thank you but why."
"Because you do."

Cayden softly laughed, "You look cute when you smile because of your dimples."
Her words made me heat up and smile, "I actually had something to tell you. I ummm...  like...your nose...?"

There was silence.

Nothing around moved and Cayden was frozen. I regretted even talking. I mentally slapped myself wishing I could disappear.

Cayden's POV

I was so struck by his words I couldn't think of what to say to him. I told myself I didn't like him and here I was  contemplating telling him I may slightly like him but then he says he likes my nose. I was lost in a funny way.
Everything was so sudden. The tingly feeling so raw. I couldn't even describe the new reactions.

I couldn't say a word because Mya decided to drop herself into our silent conversation. She began talking and I ignored almost every word until she slyly smiled, "You look sexy in your swimming trunks."

I actually gagged she sounded like some snake and to be fair looked like one too. I'm not surprised she put him in such a tight thing, it was for her own personal enjoyment. After having to listen to her torture Noah she called everyone and gave us the basic instructions. Taylor and I were going to the kids pool and the rest were staying in the large one. I was glad to supervise the little kids, they were all adorable.

We watched the kids play around in the pool and recklessly splashed at each other. After 2 hours the kids came out and a new set of school kids came in.
Taylor convinced me to teach them and I knew I'd regret it. To be fair the lesson wasn't too bad but the kids were playing so much by the end of given up. I let them strangulate each other until the time was up.

We gratefully got an hour break before having to clear up the pool. I ignored and/or swerved any questions Taylor had about Noah. I couldn't stop thinking about him because of her. At random times I'd hear him laughing and his dimples would show and I'd stare for a good second or two. There was a glass between the two pools, I dont have powers.

"I can clearly see your staring." Taylor sniggered.
"Go away, I'm not staring I just happened to glance."
"And did you happen to like what you saw?"
"What no!"
"Happened to glance my ass. Your in denial..." she sang as she pulled the ropes in from the water.
"You sound like Cole, I'm not in denial."
"Can you just admit you like him already. It would make life so much easier."

I contemplated maybe saying something and falling into these new feelings. I glanced over at him again and just seeing him playing around with Jacob made me smile.

I sighed, "Yes, I do."