No place like home

Philadelphia, PA
11:45pm

Dwayne was knocked on his bed, snuggled up in his ginormous comforter, one leg on the bed, one leg hanging off-knocked out.

Someone kept knocking on the door. The first time he ignored it, hoping they'd realize that it's too late to be knocking on doors and go away, but they kept knocking.

He got out of bed and zombie-walked to the door. His tank was stretched and his sock was half off.

He opened the door and saw a familiar, sweet and innocent face looking back at him. He rubbed his eyes vigorously, assuming that the night sky way causing him to not see clearly. But he was seeing correct.

"Dwayne."

He looked her up and down. "Stacy?"

Slowly she nodded, worried about what would come next.

He pulled her in for a tight hug, and seemed to never let go.

"I'm sorry for popping up over here this late. Your house is the only place I can remember how to get to." She said.

He looked at her. "Yo, you really wasn't playing when you said you didn't remember us?"

She shook her head. "It's a long story. Well, not that long. I'm just too tired to explain it right now."

"You want me to take you to yo folks place, cause it's not a pr-"

"No no no," she said. "I'm not ready. Can I just crash on your couch til morning?"

He grinned and opened the door, gesturing to let her in. "Take the bed, I'll take the couch."

Before she could fall asleep peacefully, they talked for a half hour. She gave him a quick overview of what her life had been like and what she went through, and he was eager to hear. He had missed her. There was so much to get caught up on.

The next morning

Dwayne pulled into the driveway of Aja's house with Stacy in the passenger seat. She had told him that everyone would be over to plan Kendra's surprise birthday party, and what better time to show that Stacy was back home than now while everyone else is in the same room?

He put the car in park and looked up when he saw Hao rushing out the house with an angry cloud following behind him. He stomped down the porch steps and through the yard, cursing at everything.

Dwayne rolled down the window. "Aye! What's up?" He called out.

Hao noticed him and angrily marched over to the car. "I'm sick of this shit man. I swear to God! I'm sick of being the fucking mediator. They don't ever shut the fuck up! They argue 24/7 and I'm not about to continue compromising my peace to make everybody happy. What about my happiness?! Do any of you mutha fuckas care about that? Huh?"

Dwayne was taken aback by his unusual outburst, something that Hao never really did. He wasn't offended though. He was actually happy to see Hao expressing his feelings.

"You right dawg," Dwayne got out the car, as well as Stacy. "Who arguing now?"

"Aja and Geneva! Over who was gonna bring Kendra to her party. It's never that fucking se-" he looked over and saw you know who. First he had plenty of words to rant for hours, but now he was speechless.