Operation Get the F#%@ Out

After getting a call from a friend from high school, Stacy paid her good friend, Taymar a visit to help with a hair emergency.

"I can't thank you enough Stace," Taymar said while sitting in a chair in front of the tv watching A Different World.

"It's nothing, but um, do us both a favor by not waiting til the night before your performance to ask me to do your hair, ok? What would you have done if I was busy?" Stacy replied in a motherly tone.

"I know, I know. But you know procrastination is my worst trait."

"Mmm," Stacy hummed. "You need to learn how to twist your own hair and save yourself some money. It's def something you can do on your own."

"We can't all be natural hair gurus like you." Taymar playfully said with an eyeroll.

Stacy laughed and gave her a light push on the head.

A knock was at the door, but it wasn't just a regular knock. It was a knock that guaranteed that there was a black person on the other side of the door.

After knocking, the person walked straight in as if he were expected.

"Yo, yo."

Stacy's heart sank to the floor when she recognized the face, and locked eyes with the young man. Her friend's hair slipped through her fingers and she stood still as a mountain.

He smirked at her while making his way to Taymar in the chair and kissed her on the cheek.

"How you doin' sis?" He asked Taymar smoothly, still eyes on Stacy.

"I'm good," she replied. She knew that Stacy was annoyed and could feel her tense up. She looked at the TV and tried to mind her business.

Stacy looked away from the guy and down at Taymar's head. "Is this the real reason you wanted me to come over?" Before she could get an answer out of her friend, she stormed off to the bathroom and slammed the door behind her.

She leaned over the sink and hung her head. Why is this happening to me? Was all she kept wondering. She kept wondering what would Jah think of her? How would she tell him about this? Everyone is gonna label her a hoe.

She regretted coming here more than anything else she's ever regretted in her life...COMBINED, with the exception of meeting him.

Operation get the fuck out of here was gonna be in full affect. She heard Taymar and her brother talking in the living room, so the plan is to go to the kitchen to grab her phone off the charger, then rush out the door with a quick goodbye.

She opened the door to the bathroom and began step one. Her phone sat on the counter plugged into the outlet, due to all the outlets in the living room being occupied. She grabbed her phone and charger and headed out the kitchen.

She was almost in the living room, but her heart felt like it was going to fall when the young man started to approach her.

She remained calm and attempted to walk to the side to get by him, but he put his hand to the wall, blocking her exit from the hallway.

"Let me holla at you real quick," he nodded his head towards the kitchen.

Stacy tried to get past him on the other side, "I have a family emergency," she said with her head down.

"This won't take long," he chuckled, and began to softly push her back into the kitchen.

Mission failed.

"Jalen, I have to go!"

"Imma let you go inna minute," he explained.

"I don't wanna talk to you!"

He laughed, "I know you don't, but I need to talk to you so you gone listen."

By now, Stacy was shaking in fear.

He looked down at her and noticed her trembling and the evil smirk that she did not miss appeared on his handsome face. He grabbed both of her shoulders, "chill baby, quit acting so scary."

Jalen was about 6 feet tall, with skin similar to the shade of a mocha frappuccino. His hair was braided in an A$AP Rocky style, and he rocked nothing but the finest clothes.

Stacy pushed his hands off of her. "Fuck you!"

"Woah, watch you mouth, church girl." He found humor in her love for God and singing gospel music. He clowned her for it every chance he got.

"Listen," she said sharply. "I know that's you calling my phone every 30 minutes, why won't you leave me alone?!"

"Baby, I haven't had your number since we broke up. You broke my phone, remember?" He slid his hands down her back and caressed her apple shaped booty.

She shoved him away. "Well tell your boys to stop playing on my phone. And I'm not your baby. I have one already and he is way better than you in every way. " It wasn't like Stacy to talk like that, but she just wanted something to say to hurt his feelings so that he would get out her face.

He looked at her with his lip curled upwards. "You can't even say that with a straight face."

Stacy rolled her eyes. "Ok, what do you want Jalen?"

"You know what I want," he raised an eyebrow. "Don't act like you forgot."

She swallowed the lump in her throat. This all was really coming back to haunt her, she thought it would go away if she would just ignore it and try to live a normal life. She was wrong.

"Look," Stacy sighed. "I've already thanked you a billion times. And look, me and Jah both have jobs now, I can pay you back..."

"Ugghhh, yada yada yada. You know I don't wanna hear none of that shit lil Stace. That wasn't the deal we agreed on."

With so much pressure built up inside, on top of her emotional nature, she began to cry. Visions of her life falling apart like dominoes was replaying in her head and it wouldn't stop, making her panic.