What passion looks like

a/n This entire chapter is a flashback moment

(4 days after the basketball game)

Stacy was sitting on the couch with her feet up on her laptop, extremely focused on a paper she was typing for English class. The T.V was on, but only for proper background noise to help her concentrate.

Jalen had came out of the bathroom and was rubbing lotion on his hands as he made his way back to the living room. He plopped down on the couch next to Stacy and placed her legs comfortably across his. Without even thinking about it, he rested his arm on the back of the couch near where her head was.

"You look like you stressed. What you got to write about?" He asked while peeping what she already had going on her Word Document.

Stacy sighed. "I have to write an analysis of The Great Gatsby."

Jalen chuckled. "I remember that shitty ass book."

Stacy looked at him in shock but with a face of amusement. "Wooow, it is not a shitty book, okay?" Even though reading wasn't one of her biggest hobbies, she still enjoyed a good book, and to her, Gatsby was one of them. When she found out that she had to write a paper on it, her fondness of it declined but not completely.

"It's shitty."

She laughed. "No, I'll tell you what's shitty, this damn paper I gotta write. I already have a page and a half and she wants 3!" she joked about it, but honestly, it was driving her crazy.

"Then take a break," he said while taking her laptop away without her permission.

"Jalen, stop. C'mon give it back." She tried to reach for it but failed. "Nope, you need to relax 'fore your brain shrivel up and I can't do nothing to help you." He closed the laptop and placed it on the other side of the couch on the floor.

Stacy sat there feeling as if there was nothing she could do about it.

Jalen scooted closer. "Plus, I'm tryna get closer to you. Let me take your mind off of things for a minute." by now he had pulled her onto his lap and began kissing at her neck. It aroused her, but made her feel uncomfortable at the same time. Little by little she pulled away from him.

He stopped and looked in her eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Don't you think we're moving too fast here?"

Slowly he shook his head, as if he genuinely gave it thought. "Mmm, naw. Not really." When he saw that Stacy had sighed and appeared more than nervous, he changed his way of speaking.

"Honestly Stacy, I'm really feelin' you. You're beautiful, sweet, kind, and hella smart."

She looked down and smiled.

"It's like I can't get enough of you...I want more of you."

"Jalen, I'm a virgin."

He lightly shrugged, "I already knew that."

"How?" She was concerned about who was telling her business. As a matter of fact, she never really told anyone that she was a virgin, not even Taymar, so how DID he know?