Tragic

Eddie came out the office and slammed the door behind him. He looked upset. When he lifted up and his head and saw Lonnie and Stacy eagerly pushing away from each other, his expression went straight.

Lonnie went back to smoking his blunt, and Stacy walked past Eddie and back outside to the party...like nothing happened

Eddie approached Lonnie in the kitchen, who was calmly smoking and appearing unbothered.

He stared at him.

"Wassup?" Lonnie questioned him.

"You stupid as fuck."

Lonnie chuckled at his brother's petty insult. "What you talking bout?"

"I knew you was lying," Eddie pointed in his face.

Lonnie smacked his hand away. "Move, bruh."

"You lying bitch."

"Aye shut the hell up, witcho annoying ass."

Eddie looked over his shoulder at the office door, then back at Lonnie. "You fucking Stacy."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Lonnie shrugged and continued to puff away.

"Don gone kill yo ass. You know he done caught feelings for the bitch. She damn near his woman." Eddie explained.

"You don't know what you're talking about." Lonnie tried walking away but Eddie had more words for him to hear.

"If Don find out about y'all, you dead. You know he don't play bout that shit." Eddie warned.

"I don't care about nonadat," Lonnie ignored his remarks, even though he was shocked to find out about Stacy and Don. Why did she not tell him? If what Eddie was saying was true, then he was right about two things, because Don would surely have his head if word gets back to him.

---

Stacy had finally caught back up with Faith. She met her at the poolside with both of their feet in on the deep end. Faith was looking less like her bubbly self. Her face was gloomy and blank as she stared off straight ahead of her. Stacy looked over at her and noticed.

"What's the matter?" Stacy asked.

Faith let out a deep breath and looked down with a fake smile. "Nothing I can't handle Doll."

Stacy nudged her in the arm. "You don't have to try to handle it by yourself if I'm here. What's up?"

Faith didn't know if she wanted to let this out. Of course she trusted Stacy, they were close friends, but letting this out would make her feel stupid for all that she's chosen to endure.

"If you really wanna know..."

"I do."

"My sister just called me for the fourth time this week. Each day she had been telling me how my granny wasn't doing well and that she been in the hospital. She was asking to see me specifically, but I would never go. She just died today."