Sisters 4 life

Pittsburgh, PA

It was a calm evening. The sun was setting, giving the sky a nice rosy-peach color. Although it looked peaceful outside, Faith and Stacy didn't have peace of mind. They had no where to go. No real money. All the money they had made was at the house, which was now a murder scene. Life felt like it couldn't go on to them, but it was. They went to dinner at a cheap place in the city to figure out their next move.

Faith was starving. She stuffed her face with the baked chicken thighs, mashed potatoes and broccoli that she ordered. She was dealing with a lot of stress as well, but it didn't stop her from eating.

Stacy on the other hand didn't eat. She ordered smothered pork chops and veggies, but when it arrived she couldn't bring herself to eat it.

"You better eat that food after you just spent money on it." Faith said with sauce dripping down her chin.

Stacy shook her head. "My head is in a million different places right now."

Faith gestured to Stacy's barely touched plate. "Ok well put your head in another place, like that food you got in front of you."

Stacy pushed her plate to the side. She was thinking about Jah. And Don, and Lonnie, and Nisty, and believe it or not, she was thinking about Eddie too. She would never see their faces again, and that did not sit well with her. For a while, they were all she knew, and now they were just gone. She felt a little empty on the inside.

"What are we gonna do, Faith?" She asked with her elbows pressed on the table.

Faith swallowed a mouthful of food slowly, pondering her response and considering Stacy's despair. She wiped her mouth, "I don't know."

Stacy felt hopeless.

"I know my sister would be extremely happy knowing that I'm away from Don," Faith chuckled bitterly.

"She didn't like him?"

"She hated his guts!" She responded with laughter. "She thought that Don was holding me against my will. So she popped up at his house one day and Don answered the door. I was all the way upstairs and I heard her yelling where is she! Where is Faith! You not about to keep my sister here you got me fucked up! Don just shrugged and was like she upstairs, go get her. But when she came upstairs and I told her I wasn't leaving, she got pissed and still blamed Don. Probably because he was calm about the situation and not angry and abusive like she pictured him to be. She tried to provoke him, but he just put her out. She would call me every now and then to get me to come home, and to speak negatively of him of course...I miss her."

Stacy didn't have any good memories at the moment, none that she could remember. It made her sad that she couldn't reminisce about family or friends since she only remembered just a fraction of them. She pulled her plate back in front of her and began lightly picking over it with her fork.

"What do you think is gonna happen to Don?" Stacy asked.

Faith hung her head. "He going away for a long time. Ain't no way he getting off."

Stacy frowned. What was she supposed to do without Don? He was the one that kept a roof over her head and protected her. Him going to jail might as well had been a death, because that's what it felt like.